Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Does anyone of you follow politics?  (Read 1974 times)

Offline haidyl

Does anyone of you follow politics?
« on: May 14, 2019, 09:02:18 AM »
Politics is turning out to be very repetitive and at times confusing. Will we ever get to a point where our politics can inspire the population? Like is it necessary for countries to engage in a war where thousands of lives risk being lost? I try to avoid any political debates and discussions but it is hard to do so with all the channels out here.

My husband, on the other hand, loves to watch these shows so that he is able to relate the current events to other historical events (he reads a lot about international trade and politics).

Empty Nest Moms

Does anyone of you follow politics?
« on: May 14, 2019, 09:02:18 AM »

Offline Olive

Re: Does anyone of you follow politics?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 01:04:41 PM »
I agree with you that politicians should inspire the people and not to push their opinion or principle onto the people. In my view right now, politicians are there for the power they can get and not empower the people they represent.

Offline haidyl

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 02:39:44 AM »
Yes, Olive that is the true position and the effect of this is that it tends to overshadow the few exceptional politicians who are out there doing their job, not only for those they represent but also for the greater population. Is the tone of our politics ever going to change?

Offline Vanessa

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 10:30:59 AM »
I try to stay informed and in the loop, but sometimes politics just get so annoying to watch and listen to. Not many people are doing what they were selected to do, but those who are deserve more attention and space.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 10:30:59 AM »

Offline Olive

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2019, 01:43:42 PM »
Is the tone of our politics ever going to change?

Not by a long shot. Everyone is using the word "change" when they are campaigning, but we get the same policies and agendas when these politicians are seated in power. I learn to live my life apart from what these politicians say and do or else I will get grumpy for the rest of my life.  :rofl:

Offline haidyl

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2019, 02:41:55 AM »
You raise a good point Olive about living your life apart from the politicians’ rhetoric because despite their party positions, they all speak the same language. I think we should get to a point where everyone plays their part and lets everything else follow its course.

Offline Layla

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2019, 07:17:53 AM »
I try to stay away from political arguments and discussions. I want to stay informed enough to make informed decisions when I vote, but I really don't like how hateful people can be when discussing politics. It makes me sad to see.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2019, 07:17:53 AM »

Offline Olive

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2019, 10:05:57 PM »
I really don't like how hateful people can be when discussing politics. It makes me sad to see.

I am with you on this, Layla. What is worse is that politics divides the family sometimes, speaking from experience. They are good politicians but they won't exceed the number of my fingers.

Offline MomOfTwo

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2019, 09:49:11 PM »
I made a similar topic about this issue. I abhor most of the politicians because they tell a lot of lies. They only think about their welfare. You know what, they are only friendly during campaign periods, and become snobbish or outright cruel when they are seated in power.

Offline Flower

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2019, 08:33:41 AM »
I stay on top of current events and legislation, but only to the point of knowing what's going on and then I turn it off. Watching or reading the news these days is a joke because most of it is opinion and no matter who you watch, they spin the information to fit their agenda. So, it's not only the politicians who are full of rhetoric! It's a sad, sad state of affairs.

Offline Elizabeth

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2019, 11:52:02 AM »
I do a little, just up to trying to keep up with the latest but that is getting hard to do since everyone seems to keep changing. It can really consume you if you let it so I have backed off a bit.  They pretty much say what they think you want to hear or the majority anyway.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2019, 11:52:02 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms