Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Things getting better  (Read 2175 times)

Offline Vanessa

Things getting better
« on: May 12, 2019, 06:09:24 AM »
When my daughter was growing up, my husband and I had some different ideas about how she should be disciplined, what rules should we make for her, etc. It wasn't too bad, but at times it did create a rift between us and things got hard from time to time. Now that she's all grown up, our relationship seems to be better. She makes her own decisions and we don't call the shots, so even if we disagree it doesn't really cause a big problem. One more thing was that she was a sensitive child, but also one that often went against our advice so we were often worried and nervous, and now that she's grown stronger and independent, we're more calm and very happy and proud, so that seems to have brought us closer - our relationship is more like we're newly wed again.
Has anyone else had this experience?

Offline haidyl

Re: Things getting better
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2019, 05:40:43 PM »
At times, we are not on the same page with hubby but if you look at the bigger picture, you realize that each of us has a contribution and there's no single person with a monopoly of ideas. We didn't agree at all times with my daughter and what I thought was a rift back then turned out to be a process of her learning to be an adult. We are really good friends now and nothing about the past matters anyway!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2019, 05:40:43 PM »

Offline CountryMom

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 12:46:13 AM »
My ex-husband and I were normally on the same page regarding discipline. Even if we weren't, we never let the kids know. We found it best to present as a united force. Kids can sense weakness, after all.  :rofl: We are no longer together, so I guess our relationship didn't improve after the kids left home. I'm glad you're in a good place in your relationship! It must be nice. Enjoy your time together.

Offline Vanessa

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2019, 08:22:04 PM »
My husband and I usually had totally different ideas! I'm thrilled with how my daughter turned out,  but for the two of us it was often a reason for arguments. She sometimes knew and sometimes not, but it happened often.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2019, 08:22:04 PM »

Offline Layla

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2019, 07:06:09 AM »
I'm so glad that you two are getting along better and seem happier now.

When my daughter left for college, the problems in our marriage came to the forefront. We entered counseling a few months ago to work on things, and it is helping some.

Offline Vanessa

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2019, 03:53:35 PM »
I'm glad to hear it's helping! I understand it can be tough, now it's the two of you and there's more space for your marriage problems than there is with a full house. Good thing you're getting back on track. :)

Offline haidyl

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2019, 01:52:18 PM »
Hey Layla, we once almost got to the point of seeing a counselor but he was really reluctant about it. How did you get him to agree to go? He always insists no problem is ever difficult for two people to resolve.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2019, 01:52:18 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms