Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: My poodle, Sadie  (Read 3602 times)

Offline Peyton45

My poodle, Sadie
« on: April 08, 2015, 10:08:09 AM »
My beloved poodle named Sadie passed away over the weekend. She has been a huge part of the family for eighteen years now. I woke up this morning thinking that I had to let her out and feed her, only to remember that she isn't here anymore. I haven't told the kids yet, they grew up with her by their side and I know that they aren't going to take it well. Any suggestions on how to break the news when I am still so upset about it myself?

Empty Nest Moms

My poodle, Sadie
« on: April 08, 2015, 10:08:09 AM »

Offline Juniper54

Re: My poodle, Sadie
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 10:27:33 AM »
I'm so sorry for your loss. It's hard losing a family pet especially when they have been with you for so many years. I have never been in this situation because we only had a cat when my kids were growing up and they were not as attached to it as your children seem to be. The only advice I can give you is to tell them what happened and I'm sure they will understand that it was just her time to go. 

Offline Shayna

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 07:50:02 AM »
I'm so sorry Peyton.  I know what it's like to lose a beloved pet after so many years.  We had a cat for 23 years and it tore our hearts out when she passed.  For weeks afterward we would look up the steps and see her sitting there or at least we expected to see her.  Go ahead and tell the kids.  Although it may hurt it's just a natural part of life.  They will be O.K.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 07:50:02 AM »

Offline Abigail

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 03:55:48 PM »
I am sorry to hear about this. I guess there is no best way to tell the kids apart from just telling them the truth. I am sure they will understand.

Offline mamyk

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 05:49:33 AM »
It's a horrible feeling when your pet dies.  It took me a while to get over our last dog.  She was my baby and would sit and wait for me to come home everyday.  When she passed I had a hard time coming through the front door without seeing her there.  They become such a part of your family that it takes a while to get over the loss.

Offline Cassandra

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2015, 01:56:32 PM »
One of the most horrible things that could happen is when your beloved pet passes away. I will never forget how I felt when my cat died last year. I was devastated.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2015, 01:56:32 PM »

Offline breanne

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2015, 08:53:25 PM »
How are you doing Peyton45?  I'm sorry to hear about your beloved poodle.  It is so sad and difficult when a pet dies.  It feels like you've lost a family member.  I've lost a few over the years and know how hard it is.  It takes time to get over the feeling of grief.

Offline Moussa

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2015, 07:26:31 PM »
I do think that one of the toughest things about losing a childhood pet is that it draws a firm, maybe the final, line under that part of life - for both parents and kids. There really is no easy way to deal with it, just the usual time and talking it out.

Offline Tango

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2015, 09:12:22 PM »
You are right Moussa.  When our previous dog passed away it was really difficult because the kids were older and so fond of her. My daughter was devastated and cried for days.  It took a long time to get over the grief and I still feel a lump when I see a dog that resembles her.  I miss her getting excited when I come home.

Offline Allie

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2016, 09:37:52 AM »
There really is no easy way to tell someone about the loss of someone or something they love. I am sure that it will be hard for them but, with them being out of the house and not seeing the pet on a daily basis, they may have an easier time than you.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2016, 09:37:52 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms