Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

Our Picture Gallery!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Move? Stay? Suddenly confused!  (Read 2219 times)

Offline Moonchild

Move? Stay? Suddenly confused!
« on: March 26, 2019, 08:59:31 AM »
Hi all!

I'm new here and SO happy to have a forum to share and talk to others in the same boat.

My youngest goes off to college in August and my oldest (20) is finally moving out on his own.  6 months ago I decided I would need to sell the house since I wouldn't be able to afford it without all the child support I was getting, not to mention my business doesn't give me a lot of income either.  My oldest and I also had some issues which had me feeling the only way I could get him out of my house was to move! lol

Fast forward to now, and I'm scared as all get out.  The only real money I have is the equity in my house.  Without child support I don't qualify for any type of mortgage.  The price range I'm in means I need to find a fixer upper or move more into the country to afford anything.  Apartments and condos aren't for me.  I'm looking for some relaxing space with a nice wooded yard and peace and quiet. 

I'm getting scared to lose my house I've lived in for 15 years.  It's comfortable, big enough and now it's super updated since I've been painting and putting in new flooring etc to sell it.  Financially, I'd need to get a job if I wanted to refinance and keep it.  I own a retail store.  I can't just close that down, I love it. 

I can't help but think the space I need will come with my son moving out and my daughter off to school and maybe I don't really need to move. 

I'm really confused!  The market is so hot right now and my house is in a really desirable area for families with kids I'm sure this house would sell in record time and at a nice profit for me.  I'm pushing forward with the cleaning and painting, but not sure what to do.

Thanks for reading...feel a bit better getting all that out :)

Empty Nest Moms

Move? Stay? Suddenly confused!
« on: March 26, 2019, 08:59:31 AM »

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
Re: Move? Stay? Suddenly confused!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 12:49:53 PM »
 :welcome:  Moonchild! Sounds like you have some 'thinking' to do. What kind of retail store do you have? Is there anything you could do to make it more profitable for you to stay in your home? Maybe get a part time job if need be. Sounds like you would really like to stay where you are.

But.....then on the other hand, if you sell and make a nice profit to find something smaller that would make  you happy and have enough money in the bank to carry you through.......LoL, not sure if I helped or not but I'm sure you will think it through and come up with what is best in the long run.....good luck and do keep us posted.

Look forward to seeing more of you around here.  :039:

Offline MaryB

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 02:43:33 PM »
 :1rij: Welcome Moonchild!!!  I'm so glad you joined us!   :coffee2:

My two cents is that if you only were thinking of moving to get the eldest to move on,  well then you didnt really want to move?  I know one thing for sure,  dont do anything until you are sure.
Talking does help so talk away.   :big hug smiley sign:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 02:43:33 PM »

Offline Moonchild

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2019, 06:50:14 PM »
Thanks for the replies!

Yes, I really do believe getting my son out was my drastic move in selling to push him towards the door.  His stepmother refused to let him live there awhile back when I had enough - even though his father had told me it was okay.  Not sure how anything has changed since then, but he needs to go. 

I feel like all I've done is think!  Since I have to wait for my house to close before I have money to buy a house - that may also put me in limbo until I find one.  I don't want to just settle for anything that comes my way.

I believe in going with the flow and letting life lead you to where you're supposed to go...but, this is some tough faith right here! 

Did I mention how much I love my house since I made it all nice and pretty?  I know I did, but I feel it needs repeating. lol

Offline Elizabeth

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2019, 06:57:45 PM »
Hi Moonchild, welcome! I think you just made your decision....just go with the flow and see what happens! Could be an interesting ride. Will you end up selling or staying??? Only your destiny knows!  :a102:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2019, 06:57:45 PM »

Offline CountryMom

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2019, 01:29:05 AM »
Welcome to the forum! It's a really great place when you need a friendly ear. I just sold my house and I'm moving this Friday. It can be really difficult to leave behind the home you've known and loved for so long. You can make your new home nice and pretty too, though!

Is there any way you could make extra income on the side if you decided you really couldn't part with your home? There are lots of opportunities online these days.

Offline Katy

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2019, 06:19:01 AM »
This is a huge decision that deserves a lot of consideration. Have you talked with a financial adviser? Maybe he/she could help you figure this out as far as finances go. It kind of sounds like you'd like to stay in your home, so maybe a financial adviser could help you determine if that's possible with your current income. I really hope it all works out for you!

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2019, 10:53:24 PM »
Just wondering if you had a time limit to make a decision, else spending time thinking about your options sounds like a good start. I moved from RI to Florida 1 1/2 years ago, kind of a quick decision that I had to make because I wasn't making enough money to pay for everything and have money left over for retirement. I had lived in my home for 30 years, lots of memories but with both of my kids out of the house and being single again, it was an empty house. I have finally started to feel like my house is becoming more of a home because my daughter and her husband have been/are at my house helping me clean it out and make it mine. My daughter leaves Friday. I'm sure what ever decision you make, you will do well!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2019, 10:53:24 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms