Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Help! Zero gardening knowledge.  (Read 2837 times)

Offline CountryMom

Help! Zero gardening knowledge.
« on: May 07, 2019, 01:27:08 AM »
So, I'll preface this post by saying I have no green thumb at all. I'm terrible at gardening.

The previous owners of my new home left behind a well-loved garden and many plants all along the outside of the house. As the weather is warming up, all the plants and flowers are starting to come to life once again. I have a very basic question. Am I supposed to take off all the old brown stuff? I assume those parts of the plants are dead. Will the plant take care of it on its own or does it require me to help it along the way?

Don't laugh at me too much, I really have zero idea about growing anything!  :rofl:

Empty Nest Moms

Help! Zero gardening knowledge.
« on: May 07, 2019, 01:27:08 AM »

Offline MaryB

Re: Help! Zero gardening knowledge.
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 12:16:33 PM »
I would not laugh at you at all CountryMom!  I have tried to tend to plants my whole life and still dont know what I'm doing!  The thing that gets me the most is WEEDING!!!!  What you are asking about is dead heading (I think)..    and yes if you cut off the dead it helps the plant to produce more.  Good luck to you dear!  They are a lot of upkeep!

Offline Olive

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2019, 09:26:02 PM »
I think it depends on whether you wanted to keep the plants that the previous owner planted. As for the dried parts, you can cut them so that the new leaves can easily grow without the hindrance of the old twigs or branches.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2019, 09:26:02 PM »

Offline CountryMom

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2019, 04:54:41 AM »
Thanks for chiming in, ladies! I do want to keep the plants alive. I'm considering it my first big adventure in the new house.  :jiggly smiley: I just hope I don't kill them all. I have a great appreciation for anyone who's good at gardening.

Offline Olive

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2019, 01:00:11 AM »
This might seem odd and even ridiculous, but my mother used her urine to fertilize her garden when she was still alive. I think she mixed a cup of urine with one pail of water to dilute the concentration of the urine. I'm not saying that you will do it, but I'm only sharing what I remembered about what my mom did with her plants.

Offline haidyl

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2019, 07:03:13 AM »
Well, I wasn't good at gardening and even when starting out, I didn't imagine that it would be hectic. However, you can excel at it and the good news is that there a lot of resources online. You will be amazed at how good you will be in this, in just a matter of weeks.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2019, 07:03:13 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms