Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I Thought She Was Still Alive  (Read 2594 times)

Offline Olive

I Thought She Was Still Alive
« on: May 04, 2019, 02:05:47 AM »
Hello everyone. I've been referred here by a friend because I don't know anywhere else to talk to. My mother died last December while I was working in a different country. There were times that I tried calling my mother in the middle of the night, only to realize that my mom has passed away already after I hear the voice recording. Is this normal?

Empty Nest Moms

I Thought She Was Still Alive
« on: May 04, 2019, 02:05:47 AM »

Offline MaryB

Re: I Thought She Was Still Alive
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2019, 05:04:49 PM »
Hi Olive.  I'm so sorry to hear your mom passed.  Mine passed in 2000 and I can sympathize.  I do think it's normal. Seems our physic  plays tricks on us to numb ourselves from the pain.  Sometimes remembering is to hurtful.   :big hug smiley sign:
Welcome to the forum, Olive. 

Offline CountryMom

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 01:22:46 AM »
Welcome, Olive. Please know that what you have described is completely normal. It's part of the grieving process. It helps talking about it with others. We're here for you if you need to chat and get something off your chest. The ladies (and gentlemen!) on this forum are incredibly caring and supportive. Hope you feel better.  :big hug smiley sign:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 01:22:46 AM »

Offline Olive

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 12:07:50 PM »
Thank you both for assuring me that what I'm experiencing is normal, even though it doesn't feel normal. I thought I am having a nervous breakdown. I miss her so much that I'm regretting working in another country.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2019, 12:19:17 PM »
That guilt can hit us when we are in the same country and feel we didnt do all we could have.  In reality we did do all we could..  and you did too.   You dont need to beat yourself up.  You will always miss your mom, but you didnt do anything wrong and your mom knew it too.  I'm sure she was very proud of you.  xox

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2019, 03:54:42 PM »
I remember when my mother passed away. I think years went by and I would still have this urge to go to the phone and call her when something came up or I had a question about something. I talked to her almost daily so it was hard getting use to her not being here. I do think it is a natural thing to miss someone like that.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2019, 03:54:42 PM »

Offline Layla

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2019, 07:09:08 AM »
Hi Olive,

Welcome to the forum. I am so sorry for your loss. :( I think what you're describing is perfectly normal - it is part of the grieving process. Sometimes it is just too painful for our minds to remember that someone we love is gone. It will help to talk about it. Please come here anytime you want/need and talk to us. We are here to support you!

Offline Olive

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2019, 09:23:01 PM »
Thank you Mary for making me feel better. I know it is easy to beat myself up because of the time that was not spent with my mother. I did my best to support her financially when she was in the hospital.

Hi Jeanine and Layla. Thanks for the welcome and support. I feel better already expressing myself here, even though we are all strangers to each other. I guess I like it this way because we don't judge each other since we haven't personally known each other well.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2019, 09:23:01 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms