Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Having more fun than your kids  (Read 907 times)

Offline haidyl

Having more fun than your kids
« on: May 03, 2019, 04:13:07 AM »
Your teen just headed off to college or your kid finally got a job and has to move to another city. The extra time can (initially) present a new challenge to empty nesters. Have you ever found yourself so occupied with other things to the extent that you were probably doing this at the expense of your kids? It is likely that kids also go through a phase of emptiness, especially when they have to start out on their own.

Empty Nest Moms

Having more fun than your kids
« on: May 03, 2019, 04:13:07 AM »

Offline CountryMom

Re: Having more fun than your kids
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 03:50:23 PM »
I think for some kids it's definitely an adjustment and they get that sense of loneliness, especially if they move into a 1 bedroom apartment all by themselves. Young adults are often seen as raring to bust down the doors of their childhood home and gain independence, so when they find themselves feeling a bit homesick, they are less likely to share those feelings with others since it's not "normal" (or so they think).

Offline haidyl

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 08:58:48 AM »
Ooh yes CountryMom, plus I also think that kids normally have a different view of what independence is all about. It can get lonely when they are all on their own but after a while, they get used to it. As a parent, I got used to checking on them from time to time.

Offline Vanessa

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 10:33:18 AM »
For my daughter it's not the problem of emptiness but of many things she needs to do in a short time frame. Meanwhile, I got  only a few things to be done and a whole lot of free time that I get to enjoy. I'd probably enjoy it more if she was around, but still, I get more time to relax while she does a number of things each day.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 10:33:18 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms