Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

Our Picture Gallery!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Keto, Anyone?  (Read 1773 times)

Offline MaryB

Keto, Anyone?
« on: May 02, 2019, 02:40:36 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with Keto?  I think it's the new Atkins.  I cannot see how eating that much meat and fat can be heart healthy but boy do I see people pealing off the weight! 

Empty Nest Moms

Keto, Anyone?
« on: May 02, 2019, 02:40:36 PM »

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
Re: Keto, Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 03:18:27 PM »
Hi Mary  :039:  Keto is more of a low carb diet, maybe more restrictive? I think the whole thing about eating the meat and fat is that you aren't adding high carbs (especially the bad ones) along with it. I do believe that is where most get into trouble is having a high fat AND high carb meal. As with all 'diets' if you need to lose weight you are going to have to give up something, just depends on what that 'something' is you are willing to give up.  :(

The good thing though about low carb/keto is that there are a lot of new recipes out there for 'desserts' that can satisfy your sweet tooth. Sometimes you may have to 'test' some of them out as some you will like others not so much.

Good luck....

Offline CountryMom

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 04:29:21 PM »
I've heard so much about the keto diet but I'm not sure I buy into it. It's true that people have had lots of weight loss success by following the diet, but I have to wonder how healthy they are. In my opinion, the only way to maintain a healthy weight is to eat a balance of all the food groups. Easier said than done, I know!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 04:29:21 PM »

Offline Layla

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2019, 07:12:13 AM »
I've heard a lot about the keto diet and even have a friend who's on it. I've never really been into the whole dieting thing. I believe that you can maintain a healthy weight with exercise and eating everything in moderation. I have a huge sweet tooth, so that's hard for me, but I'm finding different ways to satisfy that craving while not adding a lot of additional calories to my daily calorie count.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2019, 05:01:02 PM »
Well it is healthier than I first imagined.  It's expensive I can see.  My son is doing it so I'm trying to do it with him.  I would rather eat vegetarian .. 

Offline CountryMom

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2019, 01:18:52 AM »
Purchasing so much meat must be a pretty big strain on the pocket. My grocery bill gets out of hand fast when I buy lots of meat to restock my freezer. Best of luck to you, Mary! I hope you see results.  :big hug smiley sign:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2019, 01:18:52 AM »

Offline MaryB

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2019, 12:12:57 PM »
It is horribly expensive.  Trying to help my son is WORK!!!  Today I made taco chips (according to Keto recipe) and beef jerky.  I also made his Keto bread for his lunch!  I hope he does see results!  I would like to lose too, but I dont need all that extra things, just cutting out sugar would help me.  Is this the diet Jeannine and some of you are on?  I made a dessert with whipping cream and cocoa but need another dessert, that's not chocolate.  Anyone doing this Keto?
Thank you all for the replies. 

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2019, 03:44:45 PM »
Hi Mary, have you looked into cream cheese no bake pies? You use almond crust ( I use regular not the blanched although it is just as good just more carbs usually). You can find all kinds of recipes online.

There are also some recipes (free) download books you can find. There may be a way to cut cost somewhat with some research. Good Luck!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2019, 03:44:45 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms