Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Intimacy  (Read 2840 times)

Offline SusanWGF

Intimacy
« on: April 10, 2019, 03:48:32 AM »
Forgive me if this question is too personal. It's a topic that's been on my mind. Is intimacy still a part of your life? My husband has not seemed interested for a very long time. I'm talking years. Sometimes I don't really mind but other nights, like tonight, I wish things were different. I tried talking to him about it a couple of months ago and he got embarrassed and changed the subject. I'm not sure how to bring it up again. I feel like I have no choice but to suffer in silence for the rest of my life.  :dunno:

Offline CountryMom

Re: Intimacy
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 04:22:45 PM »
Intimacy is an important part of our lives. It's hard when our partner removes it from the equation. My husband stopped desiring intimacy with me but I found out it was because he was actively involved in an affair. I'm NOT saying yours is, just that was the case for me, and I understand how it feels when your partner isn't interested in you. I think you should bring it up with him again. Suffering in silence never did anybody any good.  :big hug smiley sign:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 04:22:45 PM »

Offline MaryB

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 05:48:20 PM »
There's more to it like a touch, a  hug,  a kiss.   They dont have to be so cold. 
That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it!

Offline SusanWGF

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 04:13:05 PM »
Thanks for your replies. Mary, that's exactly it. There is not even a hug or a touch on the shoulder or a peck on the cheek. I might as well just be a roomie living in the same house!  :(

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 04:13:05 PM »

Offline MaryB

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2019, 12:40:02 PM »
I know the feeling honey,   I have one of those too.  We never get so old we dont want loved, and that's how it feels to us.  I'm sending you love long distance...  xox   :big hug smiley sign:

Offline SusanWGF

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2019, 12:33:51 AM »
Thank you, Mary. You're a very kind person. If you know how I feel from firsthand experience, I'm sorry you have to be in such a crappy situation as well. Sometimes I wonder how it got this way. I didn't notice it happening until one day I realized I couldn't remember the last time he hugged me.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2019, 03:47:09 PM »
I gave up trying because it does not work for me, but maybe your's would respond if you hugged him?

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2019, 03:47:09 PM »

Offline SusanWGF

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2019, 09:43:52 PM »
You're right. I should make the "first move" and go for it. Geez, it's ridiculous that I'm talking this way about my husband of 30+ years. It's just a hug for crying out loud! I'm giggling to myself about the absurdity of it all. Thanks for the support, Mary!

Offline MaryB

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2019, 05:00:08 PM »
Good luck Susan...    :big hug smiley sign:

Offline cherie

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2019, 02:53:16 AM »
Hey SusanWGF, did the hug work by any chance? We are often encouraged to marry our best friends so that in moments when the intimacy is (temporarily) gone, we sort of have a fall back plan. However, it is a completely different story when this goes on for years and months. I honestly don't know how I would get over such a situation. Sending hugs your way people!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2019, 02:53:16 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms