Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Don't fear the single life  (Read 3074 times)

Offline CountryMom

Don't fear the single life
« on: April 09, 2019, 01:21:57 AM »
Hey all, I felt compelled to send a message to those who may be wishing they were single but feel like they're stuck maintaining the status quo. Unless you have a very specific circumstance, you don't HAVE to stay in any situation that isn't working for you. If you feel the benefits outweigh the negatives, then by all means, keep trucking along. However, it just plain sucks when people hang on because they're afraid of change. I get it, it totally IS scary! Petrifying, even. There's light at the end of the tunnel though. It's not easy and you won't feel good every step of the journey. When you reach the finish line, it becomes totally worth it! You'll be kicking yourself that you didn't do it sooner. You're all in my thoughts and I wish you the best.

Empty Nest Moms

Don't fear the single life
« on: April 09, 2019, 01:21:57 AM »

Offline cherie

Re: Don't fear the single life
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 03:38:51 AM »
I do agree with you that most of us are really keen about maintaining the status quo, while at the same time, staying in a circumstance that doesn't work. It is never easy to walk away (especially when children are involved) but there is no point in hanging in there when there is no happiness at all.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 11:23:59 AM »
I wish I would have done it myself, but now I am to old.  Now I maintain peace in the home to the best of my abilities.  I could not make it on my own financially and my feet would not allow me a full time job to earn enough on my own.  I can appreciate what you have done!   :big hug smiley sign:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 11:23:59 AM »

Offline CountryMom

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 10:35:43 PM »
I hope you are more happy than not, Mary. Just remember that you aren't the only one who has to make sacrifices to maintain peace. It's not just your job. Compromise is a two way street!

Offline MaryB

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2019, 05:59:08 PM »
Oh yes, thank you.  I am happy, just not in the way I imagined or thought it would be like.  I find my happiness outside of the marriage, and I dont mean with another man,  I mean other activities, and of course my furbaby girls.    :smileyholdingflower:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2019, 05:59:08 PM »

Offline SusanWGF

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2019, 04:14:21 PM »
Not to hijack the thread, but those dogs in your avatar are just too precious, Mary. Those sunglasses! I want to snuggle them and give them treats!

Offline MaryB

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2019, 12:38:23 PM »
Thank you Susan!   :big hug smiley sign:     My white baby is blind in one eye and the other is not so good.  The doctor said her aging pupil does not react quick anymore, like ours as we age, to keep her out of direct sun!  I live in Florida!!!!!!!    :017:   So I wont put them on them to go out back but they come in handy for walks..  and they are just so darn cute!  haha 

Offline cherie

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2019, 08:31:28 AM »
Thank you Susan!   :big hug smiley sign:     My white baby is blind in one eye and the other is not so good.  The doctor said her aging pupil does not react quick anymore, like ours as we age, to keep her out of direct sun!  I live in Florida!!!!!!!    :017:   So I wont put them on them to go out back but they come in handy for walks..  and they are just so darn cute!  haha
I love your dogs as well Mary and they really seem to enjoy the sun. Mine are not so used to the sunglasses and I have to chase them around the house every other time. I love your white baby the more; so adorable!

Offline MaryB

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2019, 12:59:24 PM »
Thank you Cherie (hugs)
They bring me a lot of love and joy.  They are my furbabies
Good luck with your goggles..  keep trying!

Offline haidyl

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2019, 01:06:54 PM »
Still, I am not sure if I would be able to overcome the fear of the single life. There are some decisions that can easily be made at a young age. All I seem to care about now (like you Mary) is that peace and order in the home; nothing else else seems to matter so much.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2019, 07:13:23 PM »
I agree haidyl.  Nothing else matters right now, just peace in the home.

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms