Empty Nest "Our Everyday Lives" > Some "Fun" things to do....

Selling handmade goods

(1/1)

haidyl:
I used to do a lot of knitting many years back but I also know a good friend who produces a lot of handmade goods, as a hobby. I challenged her to think of monetizing this and she tasked me with checking for online options. Apart from eBay, which other sites can you recommend?

MaryB:
etsy.com is all I can think of.  Good luck and let us know.  I know there are a few of us here that would be open to ideas for some cash flow too! 

cherie:
I have heard of Etsy before but it costs a fee to publish a listing plus there's normally another transaction fee on the sale price. Have you also tried to check any local stores around the neighbourhood?

SusanWGF:
One option is joining buy and sell Facebook groups. There are tons of them and they tend to be extremely active. I always see people selling stuff. Facebook is also free to post on, and there would be no transaction fee.

Katy:
Etsy was the first site that came to mind for me, but here are a few others.

Aftcra - This one doesn't charge a listing fee, but it does charge a transaction fee.

Bonanza - This site has no listing fees, and it allows you to sync your listings with other sites, like eBay.

Homemade at Amazon - This might be a good option for getting your name out there, but the fees are higher than other sites.

Good luck!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version