Empty Nest Moms

Author Topic: Eczema?  (Read 1682 times)

Offline Elizabeth

Eczema?
« on: March 26, 2019, 06:50:47 PM »
Just wondered if anyone here has had this before? I've just recently had an outbreak on my arm. Wasn't sure what it was at first so went to the Dr. and that is what he diagnosed it as. He gave me some prescription ointment and that seems to be helping some but this stuff is a mess! I'm hoping this med will clear it up soon and won't be bothered with it again.

It doesn't come back again and again does it???  :-[

Offline CountryMom

Re: Eczema?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 01:19:53 AM »
Hi Elizabeth. I would strongly recommend not using any steroid cream given you. No, I'm not a doctor, but if you look up Topical Steroid Withdrawal/Red Skin Syndrome, you can see for yourself what can happen to somebody who uses those creams. My best advice for skin is to find out if it's linked something in your diet or an environmental allergy. Also, drink lots of water, eat lots of fruits and veggies and get a (non-steroid) cream that helps to restore the skin barrier.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 12:44:56 PM »
You know you could have a point there, CountryMom, because I had a friend that got that dry itchy stuff on her face, and come to find out it was peanut butter causing it.  When she figured that out and stopped eating her lovely peanut butter, her face all cleared up! 
Something to consider Elizabeth!  Good luck to you dear friend..     :grouphugsign:

Offline Katy

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 06:58:01 AM »
When you are done with your medication, I would try to keep your skin as hydrated and as moisturized as possible. Drinking a lot of water will help with that. Using moisturizing creams regularly should also help keep your skin from drying out.

Offline noodle

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2019, 06:26:07 PM »
Just wondered if anyone here has had this before? I've just recently had an outbreak on my arm. Wasn't sure what it was at first so went to the Dr. and that is what he diagnosed it as. He gave me some prescription ointment and that seems to be helping some but this stuff is a mess! I'm hoping this med will clear it up soon and won't be bothered with it again.
I had mild outbreaks in the past and used prescription steroid ointment at first. When it ran out I took fewer, shorter, and cooler showers and made sure to moisturize better during the week. I also agree about drinking water. One more thing: Check if stress is causing any rashes. Hope it goes away soon!

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms