Empty Nest Moms

Author Topic: Achy Joints  (Read 2318 times)

Offline CountryMom

Achy Joints
« on: March 22, 2019, 12:06:25 AM »
I've been drinking water a lot more recently which I talked about in another thread, and one of the surprise benefits has been less aching and cracking in my joints. It's still a bit bothersome, but not enough to take a painkiller for. How do you deal with your achy and/or creaky joints?

Offline MaryB

Re: Achy Joints
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2019, 08:24:39 AM »
That is really great news!   I've got two knuckles in my hand that torment me to no end....  Just the two!  Now how that happens I dont know!  I hope it does not spread to the rest of the hand ..  I dont think water would help with that but it may.  Like we discussed in your other thread,  I know I need to drink more.   :big hug smiley sign:

Offline SusanWGF

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 03:47:52 AM »
I will have to give your advice a go, CountryMom. My joints are cracking all the time these days! I've been taking medication, but if I can solve the problem with water, that would be preferable.

Offline Guineagirl

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2019, 06:32:17 AM »
I've been drinking water a lot more recently which I talked about in another thread, and one of the surprise benefits has been less aching and cracking in my joints. It's still a bit bothersome, but not enough to take a painkiller for. How do you deal with your achy and/or creaky joints?

I wonder if it is because the Uric acid in our system gets flushed out more?  I had a knuckle flare up overnight and got tested for gout, I honestly thought I had it but the test was negative.  Not hundred per cent trusting of the test but sometimes my ankle hurts, then back, then neck and wonder if I drink enough.  I drink coffee but don’t think that counts really. X

Offline Guineagirl

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2019, 06:34:51 AM »
That is really great news!   I've got two knuckles in my hand that torment me to no end....  Just the two!  Now how that happens I dont know!  I hope it does not spread to the rest of the hand ..  I dont think water would help with that but it may.  Like we discussed in your other thread,  I know I need to drink more.   :big hug smiley sign:

Same here MaryB I’m going to see the dr about mine, I have those Bouchard nodes on them now?  Have you these at all.  I suppose our knuckles take so much stress, it’s amazing when we have bad knuckles realising just how much we bend them and use them,   Do you do anything day to day that could agrivate them?

Offline MaryB

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2019, 02:32:10 PM »

Same here MaryB I’m going to see the dr about mine, I have those Bouchard nodes on them now?  Have you these at all.  I suppose our knuckles take so much stress, it’s amazing when we have bad knuckles realising just how much we bend them and use them,   Do you do anything day to day that could agrivate them?

My mom made her own bread and pasta's way into her old age, yet her last joints of her fingers turned inward..  I think I have what she had.  I use my hands a lot (cleaning/knitting) but no more than normal. 
A bee keeper was here today because he is coming after a hive we have here..  he said getting stung took away his arthritis pains!  Yeah...   that's what he said!   He said he could hardly walk till he was stung about 25 times..     I said all at once? ??? ??  And he said yes...   lol    no thank you! 

Offline noodle

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2019, 02:56:02 PM »
My mom made her own bread and pasta's way into her old age, yet her last joints of her fingers turned inward..  I think I have what she had.  I use my hands a lot (cleaning/knitting) but no more than normal. 
A bee keeper was here today because he is coming after a hive we have here..  he said getting stung took away his arthritis pains!  Yeah...   that's what he said!   He said he could hardly walk till he was stung about 25 times..     I said all at once? ??? ??  And he said yes...   lol    no thank you!
I'll keep the bee stings in mind, lol! My ankles hurt when I get out of bed in the mornings. I have to walk around the house to loosen them up again. I'm thankful for the reminders here to drink more water, which I'm really guilty of not doing enough.

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms