Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dining differences  (Read 2753 times)

Offline noodle

Dining differences
« on: March 04, 2019, 04:27:59 PM »
My husband loves red meat. He doesn't see anything wrong with just a slice of beef and some bread for lunch or dinner. However, on my plate I like seeing anything with leaves or from a tree! Do you and your spouse have separate meals, take turns, or make compromises when it comes meal decisions?

Offline MaryB

Re: Dining differences
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 07:34:57 PM »
Oh same here, noodle!  I like vegetables and hubby wants meat!  I dont have the money to make completely different meals or I would..   Do you?

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 07:34:57 PM »

Offline noodle

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 11:47:20 AM »
@MaryB, we mostly eat the same things. I have less meat and carbs than him and I'll prep my own veggie(s). I'll ask if he wants any, and sometimes the answer is actually yes!

Offline vivie

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2019, 12:25:26 PM »
Despite our differences, we always arrive at a compromise. We both don't eat red meat, he loves his meat white whereas I prefer greens and much as it may not be easy at times, we assist each other to prepare something we both like. It is definitely much easier when eating out because everyone can make their own choice.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2019, 12:25:26 PM »

Offline MaryB

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2019, 02:58:44 PM »
noodle and vivie, sounds like you both have it down pat!  You both gave me ideas so thank you!   :grouphugsign:

Offline CountryMom

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2019, 08:27:51 PM »
When my husband and I were still married, we both liked the same things - lots of meat and potatoes! Seems you guys are all rabbits.  :rofl:  My trouble with dining differences were when my kids were young (practically a lifetime ago now). They never wanted to eat ANYTHING besides macaroni, hot dogs, buttered noodles, chicken soup (surprisingly) and candy.  I always made their meal separately. When they grew a bit older, I told them if they didn't want to eat what I prepared they were welcome to make their own dinners. That usually was all it took for them to eat what I'd made!

Offline Katy

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2019, 07:23:02 AM »
I am fortunate that my mom and husband both like a lot of the same main dishes I do. My husband isn't so keen on eating a lot of vegetables, but he'll eat some to humor me. My mom likes things spicier than I do, so I put extra spices on her food before I serve it to her. That way, everyone is pretty happy around here.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2019, 07:23:02 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms