Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

Our Picture Gallery!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: People at the Gym  (Read 2583 times)

Offline mkendrick

People at the Gym
« on: March 03, 2019, 12:33:07 AM »
I realize that I'm not in great shape these days and that is likely fueling some of this rant, but I can't help myself. What is it about the stereotypical-looking men and women at the gym that drives them to stare endlessly at anybody who is struggling while using one of the machines. It is driving me crazy and I am getting to the point that I might just walk over to them the next time I notice it and get a straight answer.

Empty Nest Moms

People at the Gym
« on: March 03, 2019, 12:33:07 AM »

Offline vivie

Re: People at the Gym
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 10:09:25 AM »
Those detractors will always exist and the best thing you can do is just to ignore them. Being physically fit isn't an achievement and everyone of us has their own path towards getting to that point. For how long have you been going to the gym? I have really fallen back in my fitness plan and I feel that I need to go back to sticking to routine.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 08:39:00 PM »
I think it's the gym, and time of day you are going.  There are clicks!  Did you sign a contract?   Certain gyms attract certain groups

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 08:39:00 PM »

Offline mkendrick

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2019, 03:17:48 AM »
That's true, Vivie. I've only returned to the gym about two weeks ago after about a ten year break. Actually I think the break is more like twenty but that sounds too depressing! :)

I did sign a contract MaryB, so I guess I am "stuck." I'm not half as upset as I was when I wrote this but would still like to give them a piece of my mind when I saw them today. It was good to be able to vent here and get it off my chest. Thanks, everyone!

Offline MaryB

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2019, 08:14:14 AM »
Ok, if you signed a contract it still may not be to bad..  try changing the time you go because the muscle heads seem to go the same times..  try to find another time the gym is not as busy or full of them..   :039:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2019, 08:14:14 AM »

Offline Katy

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 06:55:45 AM »
That would bother me, too, but I'm pretty self-conscious about my body these days. I try to do little workouts at home, but I'm not in shape, either. If I had the guts, I'd probably start making funny faces at them or something - give them a reason to stare. Haha!

Offline MaryB

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2019, 03:10:11 PM »
haha Katy...   it makes me think of school days where if you werent in the 'click'..  you know!   I'd just go another time an find the 'seniors' group..   :039:

Offline haidyl

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2019, 03:17:38 AM »
Ok, if you signed a contract it still may not be to bad..  try changing the time you go because the muscle heads seem to go the same times..  try to find another time the gym is not as busy or full of them..   :039:
I agree with you Mary B especially when there is a professional and understanding instructor. Changing the time and finding a suitable schedule will work for you Katy. Personally, I love going to the gym when it is less busy because there is more personalized training and attention.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2019, 03:17:38 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms