Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Did you see the Oscars?  (Read 2831 times)

Offline noodle

Did you see the Oscars?
« on: March 02, 2019, 11:33:49 AM »
The older I get, the less I'm interested! I did see Black Panther and A Star is Born and enjoyed both. I've gotten so ho-hum about which movies and entertainers are getting attention nowadays. Not a fan of the Oscar thank-you speeches getting political, either.

Offline MaryB

Re: Did you see the Oscars?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 02:39:32 PM »
Oh I'm with you noodle..  in fact I hate the political speeches in the Oscars...  Shucks I dont even know most of these new people anyway.  I am a fan of the old movies  :jiggly smiley:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 02:39:32 PM »

Offline vivie

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 10:22:35 AM »
Oh I'm with you noodle..  in fact I hate the political speeches in the Oscars...  Shucks I dont even know most of these new people anyway.  I am a fan of the old movies  :jiggly smiley:
This makes the two of us plus I didn't get the chance to watch the Oscars. It only hit me that the awards had already been held when I stumbled upon an article talking about Lady Gaga's and Bradley Cooper's performance. Did any of you hear/read about this?

Offline MaryB

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2019, 08:30:01 PM »
No didnt hear about it..  what did they do?

Offline vivie

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 04:38:18 AM »
They performed a rendition of Shallow (one of the tracks in the film A Star Is Born) and people felt that the performance was 'overly intimate' considering that Bradley's girlfriend was in the audience. It become such a huge talking point in the days that followed.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 04:38:18 AM »

Offline MaryB

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2019, 10:04:42 AM »
They performed a rendition of Shallow (one of the tracks in the film A Star Is Born) and people felt that the performance was 'overly intimate' considering that Bradley's girlfriend was in the audience. It become such a huge talking point in the days that followed.

Oh cheesh!  Yeah,  I didnt miss it!  Thanks for filling us in!   :cute group hug:

Offline noodle

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2019, 03:52:27 PM »
I like that song! Those two looked very cozy together when they performed it that night. After checking on who won what, my only other takeaway is that I now want to see Bohemian Rhapsody.

Offline CountryMom

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2019, 11:38:14 PM »
Gosh, I can't even recall the last time I watched a recent movie. I'm still watching Steel Magnolias on VHS.  :rofl: I did hear the news about Lady Whatsherface and that Bradley guy numerous times while surfing the internet. I don't understand why it's been made into this huge news story. They're actors, are they not? They did a performance, which is what they get paid millions of dollars to do. Stop the presses!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2019, 11:38:14 PM »

Offline haidyl

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2019, 06:51:12 AM »
I like that song! Those two looked very cozy together when they performed it that night. After checking on who won what, my only other takeaway is that I now want to see Bohemian Rhapsody.
I didn't watch The Oscars but I watched this performance on YouTube and I must say that these two really put in their best. It also seems like I am very poor in catching up with the latest movies, unlike a few years ago when I wouldn't miss the trending TV shows.

I will try to watch the Bohemian Rhapsody because of the great reviews this movie has received.

Offline GettingThere

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2019, 05:37:04 PM »
I have to say that I stopped watching the Oscars years ago! I really don't like the political speeches and other whining they do. I think they forget that they are 'entertainers' and are there to tell others how to 'think'.   

Offline SusanWGF

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2019, 03:39:39 AM »
I haven't watched the Oscars since the '90s! Maybe not that long ago, but still, it's been a very long time. I don't find award shows very entertaining. I like reading the synopsis the next day.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2019, 03:39:39 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms