Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

Our Picture Gallery!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dealing with Empty Nest  (Read 6838 times)

Offline MaryB

Dealing with Empty Nest
« on: March 02, 2019, 08:40:02 AM »
It's called survival to live on even after our nests empty.   How did you deal with it?  How long did it take for any feelings of normal took over?  Advise, suggestions ?
 :grouphugsign:

Empty Nest Moms

Dealing with Empty Nest
« on: March 02, 2019, 08:40:02 AM »

Offline noodle

Re: Dealing with Empty Nest
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 12:32:34 AM »
It's been only three years since my older one left, but I can't help wondering everyday if he and my younger one are doing okay. I bury myself with work, errands, and keeping up with relatives and a few friends. I pray for peace, too, because I really need it!

Offline MaryB

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 08:40:22 PM »
Oh noodle you are so right!  I dont think we can ever stop being concerned over them.  No matter how old they get!!! :big hug smiley sign:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 08:40:22 PM »

Offline Guineagirl

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 11:25:40 AM »
It's called survival to live on even after our nests empty.   How did you deal with it?  How long did it take for any feelings of normal took over?  Advise, suggestions ?

Hi again,

I have no suggestions :039:  either, I think everyone is different dealing with it.  My feelings will never be the same as I miss my girl so much.  I’m very lucky she has texted and rang today in her dinner break.   Heck knows how we would cope without the phones we have now.  Remember the days when we just had landlines then we would wonder even more how they are,  I supposed I dealt with it by telling myself that she had a life and will miss us too and that she needed help with that from us.

I think all the upset has caused a lot of physical complaints I didn’t have three years ago.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 07:38:03 PM »

Hi again,

I have no suggestions :039:  either, I think everyone is different dealing with it.  My feelings will never be the same as I miss my girl so much.  I’m very lucky she has texted and rang today in her dinner break.   Heck knows how we would cope without the phones we have now.  Remember the days when we just had landlines then we would wonder even more how they are,  I supposed I dealt with it by telling myself that she had a life and will miss us too and that she needed help with that from us.

I think all the upset has caused a lot of physical complaints I didn’t have three years ago.

So true!  My fear is that I would lose all contact again.  That phone is better than nothing!   :big hug smiley sign:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 07:38:03 PM »

Offline Guineagirl

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2019, 02:30:57 AM »
MaryB I also worry about this and who my daughter will meet and if he doesn’t like us, stops her seeing us etc for some reason, I don’t think I could cope with that.  I think my anxiety is playing up at the moment x

Offline MaryB

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2019, 03:17:10 PM »
Guineagirl  :big hug smiley sign:  I know exactly what you are going thru!  Your daughter is close to you and wont let that happen...  I would be more concerned if you had a son because that's how it happened to me, but girls stick with their family..   Try to relax and enjoy the contact you have.  My heart is with you..

Offline bettyj1

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2019, 06:13:51 PM »
Hi Everyone!  I am new here today and thankful for the support. My son is 24 and moving out in 2 days.  All I have been doing is crying and reading books on the Empty Nest.  I have been involved in my son's life for all of his 24 years.  He was my entire life.  I am married to my 2nd husband - not his dad - for 15 years. All my self help books have been telling me to renew old friendships or start new ones.  IT'S NOT SAME AS BEING WITH MY SON! My heart hurts so much, and he hasn't even moved yet.  He is packing as we speak.  I am retired, so what do I do with myself?  Can I cry inn front of him?  Everyone says no.  I need help to get through this.  Thanks, everyone!

Offline MaryB

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2019, 10:00:35 PM »
Hi Everyone!  I am new here today and thankful for the support. My son is 24 and moving out in 2 days.  All I have been doing is crying and reading books on the Empty Nest.  I have been involved in my son's life for all of his 24 years.  He was my entire life.  I am married to my 2nd husband - not his dad - for 15 years. All my self help books have been telling me to renew old friendships or start new ones.  IT'S NOT SAME AS BEING WITH MY SON! My heart hurts so much, and he hasn't even moved yet.  He is packing as we speak.  I am retired, so what do I do with myself?  Can I cry inn front of him?  Everyone says no.  I need help to get through this.  Thanks, everyone!

bettyj1 :'( you are in the right place.  We all know just what you are going thru and will cry right along with you.  This has to be the hardest part of motherhood, letting them go.  Is he moving far?  We are here for you..   :big hug smiley sign:

Offline Guineagirl

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2019, 08:15:00 AM »

Hi Betty,

You will be glad you joined a like minded forum.  Somewhere where you can read through threads started by similar people who are asking answers to the same questions you are asking yourself,   Is your son getting a place of his own or is he in a houseshare?  Are you able to help him move?  What helped me especially was been involved with our daughters move and I won’t lie it was deeply upsetting.  She moved three years ago she is my only child and she moved three hours drive away.  We helped her move and stayed in a cheap hotel for four days it made me feel better that I was involved like that.  I hid my crying.  I didn’t stop crying for months I didn’t go in her room for days.  I let her know I missed her as at the beginning she Skyped an awful lot.  I think you do need to give him a hug and say you will miss him.
  He will miss you a lot I think that’s something they don’t realise but they do. 

I have good and bad days but you can visit like we do and all the wonderful places you can go to when you visit him.

I think I feel better than three years ago and have adapted slowly but if I am honest it’s because we visit and she visits us. 

I think when they move out it’s a huge loss which we have to grieve over, I don’t like change so maybe it’s that too.  I got sick of hiding how I felt with people so I joined here and then realised that what I was feeling and thinking others were too and I wasn’t going mad.  X

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2019, 01:35:39 PM »
Welcome bettyj! Glad you joined us and are posting.  :039:  You will get some support here so do feel free to post (and read) all you want to.

Offline Layla

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2019, 02:51:49 AM »
My daughter just started college this year, and I'm really struggling with the loneliness. I got myself a part-time job. It does help keep me distracted, but when I'm home alone, I tend to get to feeling sad again.

Offline CountryMom

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2019, 03:58:45 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Betty. This is a great place for sharing what's on your mind and hopefully having a little fun in the process. We all understand exactly how you feel. It helps to talk with people who are in your position and hear what they're doing to cope. I hope you stick around and give us a chance to help you.

Offline FeelingBetter

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2019, 05:17:08 PM »
Hi Maryb, I know this is an older post but was back here catching up and noticed it. Was wondering how you are doing? You sounded kinda sad and I'm sorry for that. Hope you are feeling better about things? Take care!

:big hug smiley sign:

Offline Elizabeth

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2019, 04:58:18 PM »
Well I'm wondering too Maryb, how are you doing? Noticed you haven't been around in a while, hope you are getting along ok? If you get a chance catch us up....just thinking about you.

:big hug smiley sign:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2019, 04:58:18 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms