Empty Nest Moms AND Dads! > Empty Nest.."What's Next" for you??

Dealing with Empty Nest

(1/3) > >>

MaryB:
It's called survival to live on even after our nests empty.   How did you deal with it?  How long did it take for any feelings of normal took over?  Advise, suggestions ?
 :grouphugsign:

noodle:
It's been only three years since my older one left, but I can't help wondering everyday if he and my younger one are doing okay. I bury myself with work, errands, and keeping up with relatives and a few friends. I pray for peace, too, because I really need it!

MaryB:
Oh noodle you are so right!  I dont think we can ever stop being concerned over them.  No matter how old they get!!! :big hug smiley sign:

Guineagirl:

--- Quote from: MaryB on March 02, 2019, 08:40:02 AM ---It's called survival to live on even after our nests empty.   How did you deal with it?  How long did it take for any feelings of normal took over?  Advise, suggestions ?

--- End quote ---

Hi again,

I have no suggestions :039:  either, I think everyone is different dealing with it.  My feelings will never be the same as I miss my girl so much.  I’m very lucky she has texted and rang today in her dinner break.   Heck knows how we would cope without the phones we have now.  Remember the days when we just had landlines then we would wonder even more how they are,  I supposed I dealt with it by telling myself that she had a life and will miss us too and that she needed help with that from us.

I think all the upset has caused a lot of physical complaints I didn’t have three years ago.

MaryB:

--- Quote from: Guineagirl on March 04, 2019, 11:25:40 AM ---
--- Quote from: MaryB on March 02, 2019, 08:40:02 AM ---It's called survival to live on even after our nests empty.   How did you deal with it?  How long did it take for any feelings of normal took over?  Advise, suggestions ?

--- End quote ---

Hi again,

I have no suggestions :039:  either, I think everyone is different dealing with it.  My feelings will never be the same as I miss my girl so much.  I’m very lucky she has texted and rang today in her dinner break.   Heck knows how we would cope without the phones we have now.  Remember the days when we just had landlines then we would wonder even more how they are,  I supposed I dealt with it by telling myself that she had a life and will miss us too and that she needed help with that from us.

I think all the upset has caused a lot of physical complaints I didn’t have three years ago.

--- End quote ---

So true!  My fear is that I would lose all contact again.  That phone is better than nothing!   :big hug smiley sign:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version