Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: My nest REALLY emptied out, I'm the only one left. ...So,  (Read 3441 times)

Offline Maria

My nest REALLY emptied out, I'm the only one left. ...So,
« on: October 10, 2016, 01:11:11 PM »
I want to redecorate my home. I was 'never allowed' to hang pictures...not sure of my furniture. I
have a loft area, where the children go to play. There are are about 6 bean bag chairs up there for the kids.
I have no taste. Everything that was placed here was picked by the ex. I'd like to make changes before Christmas.
Keep quiet about it until I have a party or something. I promise I haven't a clue, can ANYONE give me direction.

Who does one call for a problem like this with a limited budget?

Empty Nest Moms

My nest REALLY emptied out, I'm the only one left. ...So,
« on: October 10, 2016, 01:11:11 PM »

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
Re: My nest REALLY emptied out, I'm the only one left. ...So,
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 02:05:54 PM »
Google! :) Just do a "DIY" search for whatever you want to do. Like the kitchen....bathroom....bedroom...etc. You'd be surprise at what will come up. Some will be simple things that you can do yourself some not so much. You might also put..."On a Budget" in your search, that always helps. At least this way you will pick up some ideas of what 'you' like. Just painting and some new furniture does wonders.

There again you don't have to buy brand new stuff, You can paint or refinish furniture cheap. Just take your time and start searching around and see what you like. As to stuff  you might not be able to do yourself, do you know any old friends or friends of friends that might could help out cheap?

Good luck and keep us posted!

Offline Moonlight

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 08:55:03 PM »
As an alternative to Jeanine's idea, you can visit a local bookstore or library and search for books on interior design. I often get ideas from checking out those books, then do a little experiment at home to give a different feeling.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 08:55:03 PM »

Offline Maria

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 11:55:24 PM »
Actually, I decided to carry out some wants I have had for several years, but was told by EX it just won't work.
Well, it's working. Moved some furniture and a cabinet out and rearranged what was left in the living room and it
looks great. I will tackle the bedroom as soon as I can get some help. Antique bedroom suite. Gonna remove
two wardrobe's, put them in basement, move computer desk to bedroom, set up office in there, moving it and
clutter that goes along with it from living room. Those wardrobes are in 5 pieces, take the top off, people hole the sides up,
then remove sides one at a time and then take the bottom downstairs and reassemble, 5 pieces. Do this twice.
Of course as we are pulling furniture out, we are cleaning woodwork and windows. Fall cleaning for Christmas. :)

Offline Jeanine

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2016, 06:30:37 AM »
Way to go Maria! Sounds like you have everything under control and doing just want you want to. :) That's always the best time to do some 'deep' cleaning, when you are moving furniture around. Keep it up and things will be just as 'you' like them. 13

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2016, 06:30:37 AM »

Offline Maria

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2016, 06:13:55 PM »
Thank you! And so far, it hasn't cost a dime.  It will, eventually, when I move to walls.
But I'm really happy with the way it turned out.
M

Offline Moonlight

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2016, 09:58:08 AM »
I forgot that simply reorganize the room, clean up unnecessary things, and give more space to the house do help to give a fresh atmosphere. You can also play with the colors of the wall or items to spice things up. Good luck and I hope you keep having fun!

Offline Kgord

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2016, 10:22:20 AM »
You might also want to try some cost effective solutions like adding throw pillows, small lamps and that sort of thing that would be more to your liking. Throw pillows can be found at a second hand store for next to nothing, and small lamps don't need to be expensive either. Just play and have fun!

Offline Jeanine

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2016, 10:38:50 AM »
You are so right kgord! (and "Welcome"!) It's surprising what just that little bit can do to a room. Especially after you have done all that you have done Maria. Imagine once you throw some fresh paint on the walls what it will all look like. :)  So much 'stuff' can be picked up at thrift stores, yard sales and flea markets for cheap prices. That way you save for the things that might cost a bit more to do. :)  Keep it up and you'll be done in no time.

Offline Maria

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2016, 02:31:32 PM »
THANK YOU, BOTH GREAT IDEAS!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2016, 02:31:32 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms