Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

Our Picture Gallery!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Menu Planning  (Read 2160 times)

Offline MaryB

Menu Planning
« on: February 27, 2019, 08:01:01 AM »
Do you make up a menu before grocery shopping, to try to keep yourself on the straight and narrow, or do you just prepare dinner an hour before you will eat?   Day to day or week to week planning?  Coupons? 

Empty Nest Moms

Menu Planning
« on: February 27, 2019, 08:01:01 AM »

Offline noodle

Re: Menu Planning
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2019, 03:03:56 AM »
I'm a horrible meal planner! It's all last-minute. I usually end up getting really basic things like pasta, bread, and simple cuts of meat and poultry. I can't buy much produce because I'm not sure when or even if I'll use them! There's no pattern to when I shop, too.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2019, 11:34:23 AM »
Thank you noodle..  I would be just like you if I didnt have these men to feed.  Since my son has came I have to try to s t r e t c h  my dollars and make meals stretch too!  I'm having a hard time. Groceries are so expensive.  I got out of the habit of making full meals, since my hub retired but now am having to think of a menu so I can buy enough..  wish me luck please   :(

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2019, 11:34:23 AM »

Offline haidyl

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2019, 02:02:55 AM »
MaryB, it used to be easy for me to draw up a meal plan before going out to shop but I have gotten lazier over time. With the two men under your roof, I am sure you feel compelled to prepare a proper meal but all the same, I am glad that you can see your son more often. Do they give suggestions about what they'd like to eat?

Offline MaryB

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2019, 09:24:47 AM »
Thanks haidyl..  no they wont give me suggestions but quick to not eat if I put something down they dont want.  I didnt raise my son like that but he has changed since the estrangement.  I was raised you eat what your mom put in front of you but my husband has never been that way and now my son seems to take up after him.  I never understood how men (because I always heard it was men) use to leave their family's and buy a sports car.. haha Now I get it..  if you keep dipping water out of the well and the water does not get replaced it runs dry!

Offline CountryMom

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2019, 08:41:10 PM »
I am a serial meal planner.  :rofl: Every Sunday, I make a list of the meals I'm going to eat throughout the week for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Then I make a list of which items I'm going to need from the grocery store to make said meals. After that, I input the items into an app on my phone which tells me how much the groceries are going to cost. I've saved a ton of money since I started doing groceries this way. I highly recommend it.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2019, 08:41:10 PM »

Offline MaryB

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2019, 10:47:58 PM »
Wait....what app is this that tells you the money your  list will cost?  I must have that..   please!!!!   :039:

Yes,  I have to plan too.. Even planning I run out sometimes.  When it's so hard to plan and stretch a dollar, then you cook and people you cook for say,  I'm not hungry or I'm not in the mood..  I want to ping them!!!  It's like that is a meal I could have made another day then..  they do not understand how hard it is to be responsible for every meal every one eats.  I'm tired of it.  I'm going to run away, and you're driving!   :13:

Offline Katy

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2019, 07:11:07 AM »
I used to fly by the seat of my pants, but now that my mom is living with us, I actually need to plan. I sit down and plan out our meals for the week, make a list, and go to the store. I will admit, though, that I stray from the list sometimes and get a few things that are calling my name, like ice cream!

Offline MaryB

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2019, 01:24:19 PM »
Oh Katy, we cannot hold ice cream against you...  or oreos.....   we cant be held responsible for ice cream or oreos.. or donuts..  ok,  ice cream, oreos or donuts can force us to stray from our lists..   after all we're only human...   :sign0144:

Offline CountryMom

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2019, 10:50:46 PM »
Mary, the app is called Out of Milk. You do have to manually input the prices the first time, but after that, it stores the information. You can also have a "Pantry" list of items you always need (like butter, milk, eggs, whatever) and add items to your weekly list from there. It really is a great app! No more surprises at the checkout line.

Offline SusanWGF

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2019, 03:49:56 AM »
Wow, that sounds like a great app! I really need something like that. I'm trying to save as much as possible these days. I'm starting to worry about money "running out" if you know what I mean. I don't want to be 80 years old without a roof over my head.

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2019, 12:41:45 PM »
LoL, I think i 'fly by the seat of my pants' like Katy used to do. Sometimes I never know what we are going to have until that afternoon! It seems that we end up eating the same ole things all the time and it gets boring. On occasion I will plan something special for the weekend when I put my mind to it. I'm just not that organized!

Offline MaryB

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2019, 02:37:57 PM »
Mary, the app is called Out of Milk. You do have to manually input the prices the first time, but after that, it stores the information. You can also have a "Pantry" list of items you always need (like butter, milk, eggs, whatever) and add items to your weekly list from there. It really is a great app! No more surprises at the checkout line.
Oh thank you!  You will help a lot of us here! 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2019, 02:37:57 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms