Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

Our Picture Gallery!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ulcers  (Read 104 times)

Offline CountryMom

Ulcers
« on: February 24, 2019, 11:16:37 AM »
I've recently been diagnosed with a stomach ulcer. What a pain! Literally and figuratively. It couldn't have popped up at a more inconvenient time. I'm very busy packing and getting all my things in order for my move at the end of March and all I want to do is lay in bed and wait for the pain to pass. Has anyone here ever had to deal with an ulcer? How long did it take you to heal?

Empty Nest Moms

Ulcers
« on: February 24, 2019, 11:16:37 AM »

Offline MaryB

Re: Ulcers
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 11:35:32 AM »
Again,  talking about the former thread,  is is caused by stress or by a bug?   I have read both online...  Did the dr give you meds for it?  Does drinking milk help the pain or pepto? 

Offline CountryMom

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2019, 07:35:16 PM »
The thing is, the doctor didn't test me for anything either way. She gave me a short round of antibiotics "just in case" which haven't done a darn thing to make me feel better. Pepto also doesn't work, and milk is 50/50. She actually told me to drink whole milk, but I read a bunch of articles online which said NOT to do that. I'm just trying to take it day by day and take note of which food and drinks trigger my symptoms.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2019, 07:35:16 PM »

Offline MaryB

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2019, 01:20:37 PM »
Oh I hate to hear you are still suffering so with this..  Yes you reading up and figuring it out yourself is wise.  I think most doctors guess anyway.  Please let us know how you are doing, what you find out that works..   :big hug smiley sign:

Offline Layla

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2019, 07:17:28 AM »
I'm so sorry. It sounds very painful.

Honey and ginger are both known to soothe the stomach. Maybe you could try one or both of those. Try to avoid eating spicy or deep-fried foods until you're feeling better.

I just hope you feel better soon! I feel awful for you.

Offline CountryMom

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2019, 08:10:34 PM »
Thank you, Layla and Mary. I appreciate your kind words. I just started consuming ginger tea made with honey the past few days and I feel it's made a huge difference. I am slowly starting to feel better.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2019, 08:10:34 PM »

Offline MaryB

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2019, 08:30:52 PM »
Oh those are great helpful hints!  I hope they continue to heal your belly!   :big hug smiley sign:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2019, 08:30:52 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms