Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Moving Soon  (Read 2095 times)

Offline CountryMom

Moving Soon
« on: February 23, 2019, 12:09:02 AM »
I'm going to be moving into my new home on March 29. I'm very excited but also nervous. I've lived in the same community for 30 years! I love the idea of starting fresh, but I feel like I'm about to start my first day at college.  :rofl: My new home is in a town about 2 and a half hours away from where I currently live. I'm kind of worried about how long it's going to take me to really feel "at home" and not just on vacation. I'm also a bit sad to say goodbye to my current home where I raised my children. I'm excited to start this new chapter, though! 

Empty Nest Moms

Moving Soon
« on: February 23, 2019, 12:09:02 AM »

Offline MaryB

Re: Moving Soon
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 09:59:24 AM »
Oh CountryMom,  I'm so excited for you!  It wont take you long to make new friends.  It's an adventure, and being 2.5 hours from what you know is comforting to me for some reason.  Have you downsized?  There's a magic invisible line where we feel at home, but I think the more you get out and meet people and learn the area (you may already know) the sooner you cross that line to feeling at home.   :49:

Offline vivie

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2019, 01:08:03 PM »
I can't imagine moving out of a community that I have gotten used to for three decades; it wouldn't only make me nervous, I think there would be a lot of sleepless nights. Hopefully, you will adapt fast and fit into your new place. All the best CountryMom.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2019, 01:08:03 PM »

Offline noodle

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2019, 02:03:58 PM »
Congrats on the new house, CountryMom! As much as I griped about frequent moves, one of the nice things is getting to know a different neighborhood and expanding your circle of friends. You're right—that's like the first day of college!

Offline Layla

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 02:36:15 AM »
Wow, CountryMom, that's a big change! I think you're very brave for taking this step. I hope you feel right at home in your new community. Maybe you can check out some of the groups and clubs there when you're settled.

I'm sure it'll be emotional to leave your current home. I'm excited to see how this new adventure turns out for you, and I wish you the very best!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 02:36:15 AM »

Offline mkendrick

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2019, 11:29:19 AM »
My advice would be to consider what made your current community "feel like home" and try to involve yourself in those activities in the new community. It will be an adjustment, but if you spend too much time in "vacation mode" it will slow down the overall process I think. Think of times you have actually been on vacation. Without the investment into the community you enjoy all of the sights and people at face value and have a great time. This effect wears off after a few weeks though. Ask anyone who has been on a prolonged vacation of 4 or 6+ weeks and they'll tell you the same thing!

Offline CountryMom

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2019, 01:40:26 AM »
mkendrick, you make a good point. My ex-husband and I travelled halfway across the country for work and stayed there for 6 weeks. It was a nice tourist destination that many speak highly of. By the sixth week, I was beyond sick of the place and ready to just leave.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2019, 01:40:26 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms