Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

Our Picture Gallery!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Having children/grandchildren in different states  (Read 4482 times)

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
Re: Having children/grandchildren in different states
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2019, 07:02:04 PM »
Oh my, they are soooo cute Charlene! I bet you do miss Smoochie. How is he doing with your daughter and does she bring him home from time to time?

We've had a lot of dogs over the years (married 54 years so you can imagine) and two or three stick out the most in our memories and they were 'cacapoos' (sp?) :017:  All gray/white and so sweet. We lost our last dog about two years ago and haven't gotten another since. Think is has something to do with having so many cats!! Got roped into helping feed several ferals then the lady that got me started moved and guess who inherited the task after that? Had a mama that I couldn't catch to get fixed so she ended up having a few litters before I finally managed to catch and get spayed, thank goodness so no new kittens the past two years. Well except for on big manx male that started showing up several months ago.

Things are starting to settle down around here. As I mentioned in another post, hubby had a heart attack right after Christmas then had to have open heart surgery the 28th of Jan. but is doing great now. Still on a few restrictions but they were amazed at how well he recovered.

Good luck on your PhD! Sounds like you will do very well.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2019, 07:02:04 PM »

Offline Elizabeth

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2019, 11:48:10 AM »
You look like you have a lap full there! They really are cute and I can see how you would miss Smoochie, he's adorable. Thanks for sharing the pics Charlene.

Sounds like your life is pretty full right now, good luck with your Phd!

Offline Bev1960

• Retired at Last!
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2019, 12:05:07 PM »
Hi Charlene, do you have grandchildren now or just anticipating them in the future? Hopefully by then they will all be settled somewhere close and you will be able to visit often? Do you hear from them often now?

Love your doggies! I'm a big dog lover myself and they all look so adorable. 

Offline CharleneS

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2019, 12:45:12 PM »
I do have grandchildren by my adopted children. I have 2 of the most beautiful grand daughters. They do keep me busy when they come to visit. They live about half an hour away and their mother stays very busy. She is a single mother, and we all know how much work that takes. My daughter, Chara, who took Smoochie lives in Kentucky and this is 7 hours away. She sends me pictures of him all the time. He is being spoiled rotten. She has found him an awesome groomer, a dog park, and a dentist!I am hoping to see him next month. The last time was at Thanksgiving.

As for being close to all of them, I'm not sure yet where I will end up. As a friend said to me to the other day, I am learning to reinvent myself. I may end up all the way in Massachusetts, as that is where my degree is centered for. I am applying for jobs close by, but we will see what happens. I am 48 and can move around (geographically) pretty well. My husband is 70 and is not in good health. My youngest daughter, Rose, is autistic and has a boyfriend here close by, so........ Never a dull moment LOL. I would love to see pictures of everyone's babies!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2019, 12:45:12 PM »

Offline MaryB

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2019, 01:52:47 PM »
OOOHhhh Charlene,   I LOVE all your furbabies AND your red hair!!!  You are so beautiful!  Your babies are too!  I dont know how you let go of one.  That had to be so hard.  Was that the other's momma?

Offline CharleneS

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2019, 03:03:26 PM »
Thank you! Smoochie is the father of the 2 black ones, Fluffy and Chunk. The little white one is Lady Beatrice and she is the mother of the Fluffy and Chunk. It was very hard letting Smoochie go, but he is living in the lap of luxury with my daughter. LOL

Offline EnjoyingLife

• Enjoy your "Senior Years"!
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2019, 07:22:07 AM »
Hi CharleneS, how are you doing? Looks like you have a full life going on. How's school going? Are you hearing from your two latest that have left home? Hope things aren't to hectic for you. Looks like you will have some big decisions to make as to finding a job and where, hope it isn't to hard for you. I'm sure when the time comes for those decisions you will make the right ones for you.

Those furbabies are so cute! Even with the ones still with you I know you miss the other one.

Take care now.

:big hug smiley sign:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2019, 07:22:07 AM »

Offline CharleneS

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2019, 08:57:50 AM »
Hello Enjoying Life!
I actually started work yesterday. I'm so excited. I work for a company called Strategic Therapy. I am an intensive in home counselor. School is going fine, though it will be an adjustment now that I am working. My babies missed me so much yesterday. They wouldn't let me off the couch! All 3 of them gathered up on top of me. LOL Hope things are going well for everyone here! Have a great day.

Offline Elizabeth

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2019, 02:01:28 PM »
Oh wow, that does sound exciting Charlene! You're off on a new adventure in life. :) I can only imagine just how exciting your 'babies' were to see you. They probably thought you had deserted them. Good to hear things are going in the job area.

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2019, 03:43:50 PM »
That sounds like a very interesting job Charlene. What exactly is  "Strategic Therapy"? Does the company deal only in In-Home therapy?  I guess you are going to be juggling a bit until you finish school, hopefully it won't be to long?

Sounds like those furbabies and going to have to do some adjusting to 'mommy' being gone more.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2019, 03:43:50 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms