Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

Our Picture Gallery!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: DNA testing causing problems  (Read 1615 times)

Offline MaryB

DNA testing causing problems
« on: February 18, 2019, 12:13:07 PM »
It's gone on from the beginning of time,  mistakes made in a marriage, and a baby comes along.  All has been hush hush till now... DNA testing!  I wonder if there are statistics to the families that have broken up over skeletons in the closet being exposed.  I bet there are a bunch! 
Anyone know of any trouble after a DNA test?

Empty Nest Moms

DNA testing causing problems
« on: February 18, 2019, 12:13:07 PM »

Offline noodle

Re: DNA testing causing problems
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 01:27:02 PM »
I don't know anyone personally who got shocking DNA news, but on that show Finding Your Roots, the Game of Thrones writer George Martin found out his grandma had an affair. He thought he was part Italian through Grandpa (who left the marriage). Through DNA, it turns out George is part Jewish... from Grandma's fling!

Offline MaryB

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2019, 01:37:03 PM »
Wow, see I knew it!  And that was his past gone relatives, but what about the relationships that are living!  I know 2, personally, and it would be a mess! 
There's a scripture in the bible that says what is done in secret will be brought into the light, and this makes me think of that.  It really has the potential to tear up families!   :dunno:

Offline CountryMom

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2019, 04:10:41 PM »
Oh gosh, when I see the words DNA testing, it makes me think of the Maury Povich talk show.  :rofl: My daughter used to watch it when she was home sick from school. I haven't seen it in many years. I wonder if it's still on the air?

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2019, 04:10:41 PM »

Offline MaryB

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 10:11:58 AM »
I sure dont know, but I think DNA testing is just as provocative! 

Offline noodle

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2019, 01:40:58 PM »
Have you done a 23andMe or an AncestryDNA test? I thought about it, but I heard that they're not totally reliable. Their DNA "libraries" don't have enough data yet or something, and there are privacy questions, too. Also, I don't know if I want surprises!

Offline MaryB

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2019, 02:38:03 PM »
I have not done it.  I do know people that are married, that has a child not belonging to the mate, so I know it has the potential to cause big problems and broken hearts. 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2019, 02:38:03 PM »

Offline noodle

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2019, 03:41:28 PM »
I also can't begin to imagine what it's like from the child's (or adult child's) point of view, finding out that you have another parent out there — or, that parent is someone you know/knew but no one said a word all that time.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2019, 09:07:55 PM »
Yes indeed..  the broken hearts, just think about it.  So why hasnt this came out?  The commercials push it so hard that just everyone thinks it is all good, but it holds bad too, in my opinion. 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2019, 09:07:55 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms