Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: High Blood Pressure  (Read 1190 times)

Offline Layla

High Blood Pressure
« on: February 18, 2019, 08:13:22 AM »
I went to see my doctor, and my blood pressure was a little high. She said we would just keep an eye on it for now. I know high blood pressure is quite a common problem. I know I need to limit my salt intake because I know I use too much of it. But what else can I do to help lower my blood pressure without having to go on medication? And what can I flavor my food with if I'm reducing salt? I can't imagine not having salty food!

Empty Nest Moms

High Blood Pressure
« on: February 18, 2019, 08:13:22 AM »

Offline MaryB

Re: High Blood Pressure
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 09:45:39 AM »
Layla,  read this please: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/318716.php

Surprised me it said eat more potassium rich foods, and the hardest for me would be to reduce stress..   What about caffeine? 
Good luck to you Layla!  I suspect mine is high since the last 2 times I gave blood it was.  Once they would not take my blood because it was that high! 

Offline vivie

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 01:59:29 AM »
As a precaution, I started reducing my salt intake from way back and today, I can take food with no salt at all. I walk and exercise regularly (even though I have fallen back a bit this year) and yes, learning to manage stress is something we have to do, sometimes gradually. Hopefully, you will be able to manage yours Layla.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 01:59:29 AM »

Offline Layla

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 06:40:07 AM »
That's a really good article, MaryB! I'm trying to eat more fruits and vegetables as snacks . I bring a banana with me to work to eat on my break for a snack. I love tomatoes, so I'll definitely be eating a lot of those in the Summer!

Managing stress is so hard in today's world! It's definitely something I need to work on, too.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2019, 01:36:30 PM »
Good luck Layla!  I know exactly what you are saying about stress...  I thought as I got older it would get easier but it has  gotten worse

Offline vivie

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2019, 01:13:06 PM »
For me, managing stress isn't so big an issue as compared to having to deal with a similar issue day-in, day out. How do you deal with a problem that keeps recurring all the time? At times, managing stress has to do with getting rid of all the negativity surrounding your life. It could be something, or someone that constantly disturbs your mind. We should all strive for a peace of mind, however elusive this may be.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2019, 01:13:06 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms