Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What to do?  (Read 991 times)

Offline mkendrick

What to do?
« on: February 10, 2019, 10:42:38 AM »
I am finding myself extremely bored and uninterested lately. Things just seem to be too routine without anyone else living here now. Even when my 2 daughters moved away my son and I would watch hockey together fairly often. I find myself even missing our arguments about him wanting to stay up all night and throw parties. At least then I had something to do! I tried going down to the local pub but that's just not for me anymore.

What activities or hobbies did you start after your kids left?

Empty Nest Moms

What to do?
« on: February 10, 2019, 10:42:38 AM »

Offline MaryB

Re: What to do?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 02:32:28 PM »
Oh yes, we are social creatures and do not do well alone (at least I dont).  Yep you will have to find something to get involved in..  do you play cards?  What about church?  I am busy busy with church, and I know there are Euchre games here too.  Ah we'll find something that works.  I mentioned to another poster  www.pogo.com  that has games and such, where you can play with other people for some chit chat.. 

Offline Layla

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 01:23:26 AM »
I am struggling with that, too. Things seem so mundane now that my daughter has gone off to college. I keep thinking about trying to join some local groups, but I haven't done it yet. I think I'm in a bit of a rut.

Is there a hobby you've always wanted to start? Or maybe a language you've always wanted to learn? My local community college offers a lot of classes for adults - things like knitting, learning how to network, animal communication, etc. I may check out a class or two and see if that sparks my interest.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 01:23:26 AM »

Offline mkendrick

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 12:02:55 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions. I have always wanted to learn how to speak French but was never very good at it during school.  Perhaps I will take a look at some local classes and see what speaks to me. Church is another option for me to consider. I've never been very active in the church community but I'd imagine they are very welcoming of volunteers. Not to mention there might be some study groups geared towards people my age. I will look into these and get back to you!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 12:02:55 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms