Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What do "they" call you?  (Read 1287 times)

Offline JustUs2

What do "they" call you?
« on: February 02, 2019, 04:24:18 PM »
What does your husband call you now that the kids are out of the house?  I keep thinking about Mike Pence calling his wife "Mother", but maybe it's a common practice.  What do your sons-in-laws and daughters-in-law call you?  My husband has always called me by my first name or nickname.  My daughter-in-law calls me Mom.  What about you?

Empty Nest Moms

What do "they" call you?
« on: February 02, 2019, 04:24:18 PM »

Offline CountryMom

Re: What do "they" call you?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 06:25:24 PM »
Honestly, I always found it creepy when spouses referred to one another as "Mommy" or "Daddy" when the kids weren't around. No offense to those who may do it, just not for me! I understand the in-laws using Mom or Dad but I also don't like that. I ask my in-laws to call me by my first name.

Offline Layla

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 06:53:15 AM »
My husband calls me by my first name or by my nickname, "Kat." I don't currently have a son-in-law, but when I do, I think I will just ask that he call me by my first name, too. I think it's sweet when in-laws call each other mom or dad, but I'm not sure it works for me. I guess we'll find out when that day arrives.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 06:53:15 AM »

Offline Guineagirl

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 12:14:25 PM »
My husband calls me by my first name or by my nickname, "Kat." I don't currently have a son-in-law, but when I do, I think I will just ask that he call me by my first name, too. I think it's sweet when in-laws call each other mom or dad, but I'm not sure it works for me. I guess we'll find out when that day arrives.

I get called by my name by my husband but my daughter is called a totally different name to her own and she calls me a different name to my Christian name, I’m her Mam but she never calls me that.  I can’t really repeat it on here in case anyone I knew read it but say your name was Tina and you were called Ruby but not Mam and she say Emma but you say call her Claire  :039: ] Hope you understand x

Offline Indiana

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2019, 06:48:30 AM »
As the old joke goes, you can call me anything you like.......just don't call me late for dinner. LOL

We're just a simple, boring unit. First names only.

Offline Quiet Abode

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2019, 05:07:39 PM »

I actually like that my son-in-law calls me Mom too.  He's pretty tight with my husband, which I secretly think is how I got bumped up to "mom" status. 
I get called by my name by my husband but my daughter is called a totally different name to her own and she calls me a different name to my Christian name, I’m her Mam but she never calls me that.  I can’t really repeat it on here in case anyone I knew read it but say your name was Tina and you were called Ruby but not Mam and she say Emma but you say call her Claire  :039: ] Hope you understand x
That's super sweet that your daughter has a special nickname just for you!  Plus, it had to be much easier to distinguish when your kid needed you in a sea of little ones hollering, "MOM!"

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2019, 05:07:39 PM »

Offline mkendrick

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2019, 11:43:29 PM »
I'd like to know what she calls me when nobody is around! :)

All joking aside, we were never much for pet names and that practice continued after the kids grew up and eventually left. If memory serves we never even referred to each other as "Mommy" or "Daddy" to each other. If I was speaking to one of our kids I might have, but I think I would have said, "your Mother." I guess we weren't into that sort of thing. Did anyone else have a similar experience?

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2019, 11:43:29 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms