Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hubby Not Being Supportive  (Read 1071 times)

Offline Layla

Hubby Not Being Supportive
« on: January 31, 2019, 05:56:07 AM »
I have an interview with a retail store here in our local mall for a job in a couple of days. I am nervous about it because I have not worked in nearly two decades. I don't feel like interviewing is my strong suit, either, so I've been looking online for some of those example behavioral interview questions to help prepare myself. That just made me more nervous because I have to think of examples from my life instead of how I handled something at a job.

I tried to talk to my husband about my anxiety, but I felt like he was blowing me off. I know we are going to hit bumps in the road in our communication, but it really frustrates me. I want and need his support right now, and I'm not getting it.

Empty Nest Moms

Hubby Not Being Supportive
« on: January 31, 2019, 05:56:07 AM »

Offline MaryB

Re: Hubby Not Being Supportive
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 01:40:37 PM »
Um,  yeah that is hard when our husbands dont give us the emotional support we need.  That's when I turn to a girl friend.  There was an email passing around a while back about this subject of how we always need our girlfriends.  I hope you have a sister or best friend to help you thru and of course we're here for you!   :big hug smiley sign:

Offline Quiet Abode

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 12:16:46 PM »
Have you literally told your husband directly what you need from him?  I think women are better at intuitively knowing what's needed while men need the direct approach.  Ask him to practice going over interview questions and answers with you to get him involved. 

Good luck on your job interview, Layla!  It's brave of you to get back out there after not working for so many years. I admire that!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 12:16:46 PM »

Offline Layla

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 11:27:08 PM »
Thank you, ladies!

Yes, I agree, women tend to be more intuitive about what others need. I am trying to work on my assertiveness with my husband and asking for what I need. I know he is not a mind reader, but I am just so passive when it comes to asking for what I need and want.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2019, 03:31:22 PM »
Boy I really do hope that letting your husband know what you want/need works..  Keep us posted ok?  Good luck to you with job and hubby!   :smileyholdingflower:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2019, 03:31:22 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms