Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Similar interests or none at all  (Read 2919 times)

Offline noodle

Similar interests or none at all
« on: January 30, 2019, 06:35:45 PM »
Do you and your spouse share a hobby, sport, or activity? My hubby and I like very different things. I leave the room or "zone out" when he watches or plays his sports. We like different movies, books, and even food. Somehow we've stayed together!

Offline MaryB

Re: Similar interests or none at all
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 06:48:49 PM »
Oh noodle..   we have nothing in common.  It's pitiful..  we live totally unconnected and after 40 years we should be best friends.  It's not good.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 06:48:49 PM »

Offline noodle

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 10:41:38 PM »
MaryB, do you have a few beliefs or opinions in common with him about non-hobby things, like politics, religion, community? We have fairly similar (but not exact) views on those.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 01:42:20 PM »
Oh noodle, the only way that works is if they want a relationship.   :dunno:   In 40 years I just want peace, and go the route of least resistance..  haha I leave him alone!   :big hug smiley sign:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 01:42:20 PM »

Offline JustUs2

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2019, 04:16:20 PM »
My husband and I are best friends, which sound so cliché.  We do just about everything together, but it requires compromise.  I don't actually enjoy sports, but I'll tag along with him and will happily cheer on his favorites.  He doesn't like knitting, but he'll look at yarn with me and he feigns interest in my latest project.  I think it's important to certain things in common, such as your faith, political stance, financial outlook, and an idea for how you'll raise your future children.  Those things lay a solid foundation for a lasting relationship.  I don't have too many friends outside of our relationship and neither does he.  So of course we naturally stick together.  I used to want more girlfriends, but it's not like I'm lonely.

Offline SusanWGF

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2019, 01:00:38 AM »
We lean more towards "none at all". We're older now so it is different but when we were younger my husband worked all the time. Three jobs, always away, would sleep in his car a lot of the time. We would watch the occasional soccer game together (he's a big fan) but I preferred to watch hockey and baseball. We are together quite a lot these days as he's no longer able to work. We peacefully co-exist.

Offline Layla

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2019, 05:14:21 AM »
My husband and I both like to read, but we read different genres. Other than that, we don't have a lot of the same interests. He likes to watch sports, and I like to watch crime shows like Criminal Minds and some reality shows like Survivor. We peacefully co-exist, but I wish we could find more things to talk about and do together. We used to be closer when we were first married, and I miss that.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2019, 05:14:21 AM »

Offline txzookeeper

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2019, 01:19:50 PM »
The only interest we seem to have in common anymore is traveling. That's good but I only like to travel for about 2 weeks and then I'm ready to come home and stay for awhile.  I think it's kind of sad reading these and seeing that so many people have no interests in common.  I have so many interests that I'm never bored.  My husband seems to have no interests.  The only thing he wants to do is sit in front of a screen whether it's his phone, iPad, computer, the tv or movie screen.  I love to read and I'm sad that my husband doesn't.  My parents both read and they talk about the books afterwards.  I have to talk about any that I've read with friends since my husband doesn't care.  It's hard to find things to talk about when you don't have common interests.

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2019, 05:54:20 PM »
Hi Tx, good to see you popping in.  :039:  I remember you saying that you love to read....what have you been reading lately? Also, what exciting places have you traveled to latelly?

I like to travel but we don't do a lot of it or at least to 'far off places'. We like to take a trip somewhere driveable with our grandson. Not sure how much longer that is going to last as he will be 13 (yikes!) this fall so might not want to go places with "Nana" and "Papa" much longer, we shall see!

Offline MaryB

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2019, 08:01:52 PM »
It does not matter if it's reading or traveling if the other partner does not join in.  No matter what we do in life we want someone to share it with,  talk about it,  enjoy it.  If it's not with our married partner we'll find a friend, and hopefully not another partner!   :017:

Offline txzookeeper

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2019, 12:03:20 AM »
Hi Tx, good to see you popping in.  :039:  I remember you saying that you love to read....what have you been reading lately? Also, what exciting places have you traveled to latelly?

I like to travel but we don't do a lot of it or at least to 'far off places'. We like to take a trip somewhere driveable with our grandson. Not sure how much longer that is going to last as he will be 13 (yikes!) this fall so might not want to go places with "Nana" and "Papa" much longer, we shall see!

I've been reading so much this year.  Some that I recently finished are The Patron Saint of Lost Dogs and the follow up Dog Gone, Back Soon by Nick Trout, Dillie the Deer, That Night and Those Girls by Chevy Stevens, The Night Child by Anna Quinn, When All the Girls Have Gone by Jane Ann Krentz, Sold on a Monday by Kristina McMorris, Grace: A Novel by T. Greenwood and Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens.  I wish that I'd started the year by writing down all the books I was reading.

Last fall we went to Switzerland and Austria.  It was pretty fun.  We went into a small part of Germany to see Hitler's Eagle's Nest and stopped for a bit in Lichtenstein. It's interesting to see different countries and try all the different foods. My husband was ready to go on another big trip this year but I don't think I am.  I think I'd rather just stay in the U.S. this year.

Offline Guineagirl

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2019, 10:10:03 AM »
Do you and your spouse share a hobby, sport, or activity? My hubby and I like very different things. I leave the room or "zone out" when he watches or plays his sports. We like different movies, books, and even food. Somehow we've stayed together!

We both love cycling but to be honest I prefer cycling on my own.  I ride everyday but we go for special rides around reservoirs or old train tracks when the weather gets better,  I need my space especially head space and just recently he has got more annoying or maybe I’m less tolerant  :13:

Offline Bev1960

• Retired at Last!
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2019, 03:17:14 PM »
Well we manage to have a few interest together although I have to say we had to work on that! After the kids all left it was just the two of us and we were so use to working our life around theirs that it took some time to 'get to know' each other again.

We do like to travel although not as extension as you Txzookeeper! Sounds like you have been on some interesting trips. I'm a little hesitant to travel outside the states so we pick different areas that we haven't been to and try to do this once or twice a year.

Offline GettingThere

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2019, 03:32:38 PM »
Wow txzookeeper, you have been busy reading! I have read some of Krentz's books in the past and liked them but what is this one about that you read? When all the girls have gone? Sounds like it might be interesting.

Haven't read any of Anna Quinn's, are her's more of a mystery or what?

Offline txzookeeper

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2019, 04:34:00 PM »
Wow txzookeeper, you have been busy reading! I have read some of Krentz's books in the past and liked them but what is this one about that you read? When all the girls have gone? Sounds like it might be interesting.

Haven't read any of Anna Quinn's, are her's more of a mystery or what?

The Night Child was Anna Quinn's first book.  I guess you could kind of call it a mystery but not a whodunit.  I would probably just list it as fiction. There were parts that were hard to read. 

When All the Girls Have Gone was a mystery about a woman's search for her stepsister who has disappeared.  She hires a private eye to help and I really liked the two characters.  I don't know if the author has written any others with this private eye but if she has, I would read them. 

Part of my problem is I pick up books at the library, then get notice that some that I've put on hold from the digital library are ready so I have to start reading!  I also have plenty of books on my bookshelves that I still haven't read.  And then when Half Price Books has their sales, I have to go there too.  I don't buy a lot anymore though, mostly comics that I like to read because I know which ones I already have.  I love Baby Blues and Zits. 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2019, 04:34:00 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms