Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Similar interests or none at all  (Read 108 times)

Online noodle

Similar interests or none at all
« on: January 30, 2019, 06:35:45 PM »
Do you and your spouse share a hobby, sport, or activity? My hubby and I like very different things. I leave the room or "zone out" when he watches or plays his sports. We like different movies, books, and even food. Somehow we've stayed together!

Offline MaryB

Re: Similar interests or none at all
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 06:48:49 PM »
Oh noodle..   we have nothing in common.  It's pitiful..  we live totally unconnected and after 40 years we should be best friends.  It's not good.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 06:48:49 PM »

Online noodle

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 10:41:38 PM »
MaryB, do you have a few beliefs or opinions in common with him about non-hobby things, like politics, religion, community? We have fairly similar (but not exact) views on those.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 01:42:20 PM »
Oh noodle, the only way that works is if they want a relationship.   :dunno:   In 40 years I just want peace, and go the route of least resistance..  haha I leave him alone!   :big hug smiley sign:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 01:42:20 PM »

Offline JustUs2

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2019, 04:16:20 PM »
My husband and I are best friends, which sound so cliché.  We do just about everything together, but it requires compromise.  I don't actually enjoy sports, but I'll tag along with him and will happily cheer on his favorites.  He doesn't like knitting, but he'll look at yarn with me and he feigns interest in my latest project.  I think it's important to certain things in common, such as your faith, political stance, financial outlook, and an idea for how you'll raise your future children.  Those things lay a solid foundation for a lasting relationship.  I don't have too many friends outside of our relationship and neither does he.  So of course we naturally stick together.  I used to want more girlfriends, but it's not like I'm lonely.

Offline SusanWGF

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2019, 01:00:38 AM »
We lean more towards "none at all". We're older now so it is different but when we were younger my husband worked all the time. Three jobs, always away, would sleep in his car a lot of the time. We would watch the occasional soccer game together (he's a big fan) but I preferred to watch hockey and baseball. We are together quite a lot these days as he's no longer able to work. We peacefully co-exist.

Offline Layla

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2019, 05:14:21 AM »
My husband and I both like to read, but we read different genres. Other than that, we don't have a lot of the same interests. He likes to watch sports, and I like to watch crime shows like Criminal Minds and some reality shows like Survivor. We peacefully co-exist, but I wish we could find more things to talk about and do together. We used to be closer when we were first married, and I miss that.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2019, 05:14:21 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms