Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How did you handle his parents after the divorce?  (Read 2355 times)

Offline JustUs2

How did you handle his parents after the divorce?
« on: January 26, 2019, 02:32:02 PM »
I've mentioned on here before that my son and his wife might be heading for divorce.  I'm still hoping they'll work things out and no one has filed for a separation yet or anything.  Still, I want to be proactive in keeping a good relationship with my daughter-in-law and I desperately don't want to lose easy access to my two grandchildren.  Right now I see them at least once a week. 

To the divorced members, how did you handle his parents afterwards?  Is there anything you wish your former in-laws had done to foster a better relationship between you and them?

Empty Nest Moms

How did you handle his parents after the divorce?
« on: January 26, 2019, 02:32:02 PM »

Offline 4am coffee

Re: How did you handle his parents after the divorce?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 07:22:48 AM »
I wish they would have been mature adults.

The best anyone can do is keep being mature, nice and hope everyone else is too.

Too many times it doesn't work out that way, and it's sad.

Offline Quiet Abode

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 12:09:30 PM »
I'm not divorced but I have friends and family who are.  One of the key things is keeping your opinion to yourself and not saying anything bad about either parent - especially not in front of the children. Whatever the in-laws say always seems to get back to the other party and it severs the relationship.

I know it's hard, but try not to fret about this so much.  Your son and daughter-in-law are still together and things may very well work out.  Try to stay positive if you can.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 12:09:30 PM »

Offline CountryMom

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2019, 08:31:29 PM »
I actually haven't seen my ex-son-in-law since my daughter divorced him, and definitely not a word from his parents. I don't foresee us having to interact anytime in the near future, either. If I did have to see them, I'd be cordial but distant.

Offline haidyl

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 12:36:54 PM »
I always have this notion that should separation or divorce happen, the nature of some relationships are bound to change forever. At the end of it all, it helps to be unbiased, truthful but still respectful. Hopefully, your son and daughter-in-law will be able to settle on a middle-ground.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 12:36:54 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms