Empty Nest Moms

Author Topic: Donating Your Time  (Read 2250 times)

Offline Indiana

Donating Your Time
« on: January 20, 2019, 12:05:21 PM »
Food Banks.....Soup Kitchens.......Childrens Hospitals.....these are just a few examples of how we can donate our time to worthy charities to help others.

Do you help out your community in any of these ways? Other ways?

Offline MaryB

Re: Donating Your Time
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 02:37:58 PM »
All wonderful ways to help!   I help out elders to the doctors or picking up meds for them.  I help the church in any way I can.  I send out cards to shut in's and those in the hospital.  You really made me check myself..  Good thread!

Offline Katy

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 05:32:02 AM »
I used to volunteer at a nursing home, visiting residents who didn't have family or friends to visit them. Now that my mom needs care, I've been focusing most of my time on her. I really should carve out some time to help others, though. I really love helping other people. Brightening someone else's day always makes me smile.

Offline LeeAnn

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 12:23:29 PM »
Through local churches I've helped serve and deliver meals to those in need. I'm also looking into taking a supervising shift at a short-term homeless shelter. Volunteering is an awesome way to connect to people from all walks of life.

Offline Indiana

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2019, 06:59:56 AM »
I used to volunteer at a nursing home, visiting residents who didn't have family or friends to visit them.

A nursing home near where I live has been on the news lately. A by-product of the main story was about the people with life-long developmental problems.....physical......mental..... and the fact that many of them are alone year-round and on the holidays. No family comes around. It was really sad.

People who donate their time to people like this are great. You're an angel.

Offline EllieM

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2019, 02:04:57 AM »
These are great ways to donate time. I think this is something I would consider. I will have a look around on the internet to see if I can do some charity work around here.

Offline adanna

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2019, 12:56:18 PM »
Interesting that I didn’t think of charities before. I’m pretty sure it’s a worthy option and it’s very meaningful when you can help others. I wonder if my area has any charities for me to join!

Offline MomDeb

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2019, 02:40:54 AM »
I don't currently volunteer anywhere. I watch my graddaughter a few days a week right now so that my daughter and her husband can save a little money on daycare costs. When she goes to kindergarten next year,, I think I'll start volunteering again. I love helping people whenever I can.

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms