Empty Nest Moms

Author Topic: Maps  (Read 1703 times)

Offline SusanWGF

Maps
« on: January 19, 2019, 12:49:44 PM »
Remember when we had to use a huge fold-out paper map instead of Google directing us where to go? I wasn't very good at map reading so I welcomed the Google revolution. I can recall lots of frustrating moments in the car with my husband as I tried to work out where the heck we were going. I laugh when I look back on it now.

Offline MaryB

Re: Maps
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 03:37:15 PM »
Oh yes,  lol,  that brings back memories.  When you think about how much has changed in our life,  and how far we've come,  it can really make you feel........   well,  not young.. put it that way lol   :dunno:

Offline Quiet Abode

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 09:16:08 PM »
I could never read a map either!  What I like about Google's directions is that it tells you which lane to get in and how many miles you'll go in that direction before you need to complete the next maneuver.  It's like following step-by-step instructions.  I love GPS in general.

Offline noodle

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2019, 10:59:53 AM »
I love GPS, too! Years before it, I loved looking at maps that my parents brought from work, the store, or National Geographic magazines. The details that really interested me on world maps were the little islands in the middle of oceans. I'd wonder what it would be like growing up on one of them.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2019, 11:51:00 AM »
Oh noodle what a great day dream that is!  Thank you!

Offline CountryMom

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2019, 03:30:04 PM »
I love GPS, too! Years before it, I loved looking at maps that my parents brought from work, the store, or National Geographic magazines. The details that really interested me on world maps were the little islands in the middle of oceans. I'd wonder what it would be like growing up on one of them.
Same here, Noodle. Now, I love exploring different places on Google Earth/Maps. While it's not quite the same as being there in person, it's a step up from looking at a picture in a book. There are so many super cool things you can check out, like Stonehenge and the Colosseum.

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms