Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Help with orchids  (Read 1900 times)

Offline JustUs2

Help with orchids
« on: January 11, 2019, 11:19:56 AM »
I received three beautiful orchids from my grandchildren for Christmas.  They naturally have sentimental value to me and I'd like to keep the flowers around as long as I can.  My problem is that the orchids appear to be "crying".  I don't know the proper terminology to describe it, but there are large water droplets on the flower stem and  leaves that resemble teardrops.  I wipe the droplets off, but they come again within the next day or so.  Does anyone know what is causing this to happen? 

Empty Nest Moms

Help with orchids
« on: January 11, 2019, 11:19:56 AM »

Offline MaryB

Re: Help with orchids
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 05:43:17 PM »

Offline Quiet Abode

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 12:35:10 PM »
How are you doing, MaryB?  I watched the video you shared an I am so jealous of her gorgeous orchids! 

Justus2, I don't have orchids, but I grow several other plants.  It's hard to be sure what's going on without knowing what type of orchid you're growing, what the leaves and flowers look like, and where it's been placed in your home.  However, I think you're describing a process called guttation.  It's a natural reaction of the plant, but it could mean you're giving those orchids too much water.  I hope you aren't still growing them in the same pot they came in.  If so, make sure there are drainage holes, because it's common for plants to arrive in a plastic pot with a decorative ceramic pot around it.  If that's what is going on, your orchids are sitting in water which is bad news. 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 12:35:10 PM »

Offline MaryB

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 02:38:24 PM »
Hi  :039: Quite Abode.    I'm taking it one day at a time! 
Hope all is well with you! 

Offline JustUs2

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 09:50:08 AM »
Mary B., thank you for posting that video here.  She's easy to follow along with which I appreciate!  Her plants are gorgeous.

I looked at my orchids, Quiet Abode, and they were potted up like you said. A plastic pot inside another pot except my outer pot is metal instead of ceramic.  I had no idea!  I  switched them to a terracotta pot made for orchids and they're doing better.  I think I have moth orchids, but I'm not certain about that as the tag didn't say. 

Thank you both for the help!

Offline MaryB

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 12:58:26 PM »
You're welcome.   :big hug smiley sign:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 12:58:26 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms