Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

Our Picture Gallery!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What do parents of today do better?  (Read 1343 times)

Offline JustUs2

What do parents of today do better?
« on: January 09, 2019, 04:42:09 PM »
My friends and I often fuss to one another about how very wrong parents raise their children today.  A child will raise a ruckus in church, disrupt a meal in a restaurant, or pitch a fit at the store and we all start shaking our heads.  It's silly of us really, because I know each generation tries to do better for their offspring than the past generation managed.  What do you think the parents of today get right? 

When I grew up, children were expected to be seen and not heard.  I see parents publicly engaging their children now and I think that's the best way of doing things.

Empty Nest Moms

What do parents of today do better?
« on: January 09, 2019, 04:42:09 PM »

Offline MaryB

Re: What do parents of today do better?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 06:27:33 PM »
Maybe they wont put the children first like our gen..  then it wont kill them when their children move on   :dunno:

Offline noodle

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 12:23:19 AM »
There's more awareness about bullying now. Today's younger parents seem to take it more personally when they find it's happening to their children, compared to a couple of decades ago.

Offline girlchild34

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 01:13:09 AM »
Parenting is not what it used to be, back in the day. I think that most parents (today) care less about good manners and the kids gradually learn to get away with mistakes. My worry isn't about bad parenting; rather, it is about when the rain started beating us.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 01:13:09 AM »

Offline Layla

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 05:15:55 AM »
I think there's more focus on a child's well-being these days, not only their physical well-being, but their mental well-being, too. I think parents and teachers both pay more attention to how a child is doing overall. I think that's very important.

Offline Quiet Abode

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2019, 10:50:55 PM »
I think this new generation of parents have done a good job at destroying most gender stereotypes. What you choose to wear, what type of career you're going to train for, and which activities you're going to participate in are no longer pigeonholed by gender.

Offline SusanWGF

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2019, 12:43:27 PM »
Parents do a good job at building up their child's self-esteem. Children are constantly told that they can achieve anything, are good (or good enough) at every activity they try, all of their feelings and thoughts are valid and so on. While I don't necessarily agree with all of it, it's good that children are being supported.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2019, 12:43:27 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms