Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

Our Picture Gallery!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What would you tell new empty nesters  (Read 1584 times)

Offline girlchild34

What would you tell new empty nesters
« on: January 09, 2019, 08:37:24 AM »
Staying busy and constantly maintaining hobbies helped us to cope when the last child left. I would also advise any new empty nester to set a schedule that guides their communication with the children. Randomly contacting them with phone calls and text messages can limit their freedom and independence.

Empty Nest Moms

What would you tell new empty nesters
« on: January 09, 2019, 08:37:24 AM »

Offline LeeAnn

Re: What would you tell new empty nesters
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 04:39:19 PM »
Depending on the new empty nester's situation, I might suggest taking on challenging new assignments as a paid or volunteer worker. Planning a vacation could also be exciting and something to really look forward to. If those aren't practical, maybe doing something that's been put on hold, like finally getting that new haircut or trying out new local restaurants with the spouse and/or friends.

Offline noodle

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 11:11:27 PM »
I would add that sending one care package per year or semester is enough, unless there's requests for more. Also, if the child can't visit that much, meeting at a casual restaurant is a way to get face-to-face time. My parents and I met halfway at McDonald's or Denny's every month when it got too busy for me to go home. I appreciated those times!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 11:11:27 PM »

Offline MaryB

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 11:02:26 AM »
I would say not to panic, that this is normal all the feelings and emotions you are going thru..  give yourself time to cry, but do something..  Dont sit and wallow in it..  Life has to go on..  You know a neighbor said her heart artery clogged and the doctor showed her on the test how the heart grew another artery around the blocked one..  The struggle for life..  how awesome is that!  Well it's like that.  We may have to detour but we need to find another route. 

Offline Layla

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2019, 06:20:08 AM »
Know that depression and anxiety are quite normal at this stage. Try to stay busy. Work on reaching a goal you've wanted to but couldn't achieve because you didn't have the time. Start a new hobby. Connect with other empty nesters, so you know you're not alone.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2019, 06:20:08 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms