Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Daughter Leaves Sunday, and I'm Anxious  (Read 1382 times)

Offline Layla

Daughter Leaves Sunday, and I'm Anxious
« on: January 02, 2019, 03:39:22 AM »
Happy New Year, everyone!  We had a nice quiet evening at home. My daughter went out with friends but was home at a decent hour to wish us a Happy 2019.

My daughter is leaving for her ski trip on Sunday, and I'm pretty anxious about it. She doesn't know how to ski, so she will start on the small hills while she learns. I am just so afraid of her getting hurt out there. I don't want her to be anxious, so I'm trying to keep my worries to myself. I just want her to go and have a good time. I told her to be careful, and I know she will be, but I just worry. I'm sure all of you can understand. It's been difficult to sleep with all this worry on my mind.

Empty Nest Moms

Daughter Leaves Sunday, and I'm Anxious
« on: January 02, 2019, 03:39:22 AM »

Offline JustUs2

Re: Daughter Leaves Sunday, and I'm Anxious
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 10:16:40 AM »
I know exactly what you mean.  I cringed and fretted the whole time my child was learning to ride a bike without training wheels.  Just because they get older doesn't mean you don't still worry about their well-being.  There's likely to be medical personnel on-site in case something were to happen.   Just remember that your daughter is capable and has a good head on her shoulders.  She's survived many fun (for her) and scary (for you) adventures already including living on her own. 

Offline Guineagirl

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 01:21:20 PM »
Happy New Year, everyone!  We had a nice quiet evening at home. My daughter went out with friends but was home at a decent hour to wish us a Happy 2019.

My daughter is leaving for her ski trip on Sunday, and I'm pretty anxious about it. She doesn't know how to ski, so she will start on the small hills while she learns. I am just so afraid of her getting hurt out there. I don't want her to be anxious, so I'm trying to keep my worries to myself. I just want her to go and have a good time. I told her to be careful, and I know she will be, but I just worry. I'm sure all of you can understand. It's been difficult to sleep with all this worry on my mind.

:HNYSmiley:  Layla,

I understand totally and wish I could give you a hug and vice versa.  It’s harder as well as we have spent time with our girls over Xmas isn’t it.  I’m the same I say be careful but keep worries to myself.  I think your daughter will be street wise, for her to go skiing she is quite independent isn’t she and that’s a lot down to your parenting which is brill. 

I spent the last thirteen days with my daughter and New Years in London watching the fireworks and I miss her so much today.   She rang at dinner time to chat though.  Do you text her while she’s away?  Just to keep in touch and share her excitement. 

Mine goes to Belgium on her own next week so I worry too but hide it as well.

Will you see her soon?

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 01:21:20 PM »

Offline LeeAnn

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 12:27:54 PM »
Hi, Layla! I'm sure your daughter is excited about being on the slopes, and it sounds like she won't be far from experienced skiers who will give her good tips on safely getting around. I'm a beginner like her, and it was fun learning what to do and getting better.

Offline EmilyJ.

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 10:01:54 PM »
At that age, I never understood why my parents were so concerned went I'd go off to do my own thing.  But I get it now that's for sure.  I think all parents worry.  Since your daughter is trying exciting, why don't you pick something fun to do too?  I might take your mind off things. 

Guineagirl, I bet your daughter will have fun in Belgium.  How were the fireworks in London?  I've always wanted to go to London; it's been on my bucket list for ages.

Offline cherie

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2019, 11:54:30 PM »
At that age, I never understood why my parents were so concerned went I'd go off to do my own thing.  But I get it now that's for sure.  I think all parents worry.  Since your daughter is trying exciting, why don't you pick something fun to do too?  I might take your mind off things. 

Guineagirl, I bet your daughter will have fun in Belgium.  How were the fireworks in London?  I've always wanted to go to London; it's been on my bucket list for ages.
It is true that all parents worry and at times they want to conceal it from their children, so that they don't seem vulnerable. Not many children are that adventurous and all you can do is to support her as she tries to learn how to ski.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2019, 11:54:30 PM »

Offline Layla

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2019, 06:40:33 AM »
Thank you, everyone! It makes me feel better to know that I am not alone.

She left this morning and texted me this afternoon when she got there. She sent me some photos of the hills (which scared me!) and of her accommodations, which look really nice. She says she's going to start learning tomorrow. I am both nervous and excited for her.

Offline girlchild34

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2019, 01:05:47 PM »
Thank you, everyone! It makes me feel better to know that I am not alone.

She left this morning and texted me this afternoon when she got there. She sent me some photos of the hills (which scared me!) and of her accommodations, which look really nice. She says she's going to start learning tomorrow. I am both nervous and excited for her.
I hope that you can (at least) catch some sleep now. Your daughter seems like a responsible person since most people tend to forget about keeping others updated when they head out for such kinds of adventure. I am sure she will have a lot of exciting stories to tell when she returns.

Offline Layla

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2019, 03:52:07 AM »
Our daughter is good about checking in. I think it's just become a habit for her. We've always required her to check in when she was living here anytime she went to a friend's house, to the mall, to the movies, or ran errands.

Offline 4am coffee

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2019, 10:49:11 PM »
I read somewhere that when a broken bone heals correctly, it is stronger than before. Seriously.

But I remember when my daughter got threw off a horse, I was beside myself. It hurts us just as much as it hurts them. Different of course but, you know.

It's good that she wants to start on the small runs. She'll be just fine, I'm sure. :13:

Offline Layla

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2019, 05:03:48 AM »
My daughter came back on Friday and then left on Sunday to go back to school. She came home in one piece, thank goodness! Some bruises, but no broken bones or anything. She had a wonderful time! I miss her a lot, but I'm really glad she went on that trip.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2019, 05:03:48 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms