Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hubby had a heart attack  (Read 2886 times)

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
Hubby had a heart attack
« on: January 01, 2019, 05:04:03 PM »
Hi Ladies, Just popping in to let you know I probably won't be around for a while except to do a quick check to make sure everything is ok with the board.

My husband had a heart attack the day after Christmas and things have been hectic since. He's back out of the hospital (Sunday pm) but still has to see the cardiologist in the next week or so to see if they are going to need to do surgery on the other two arteries that are blocked, with one having an aneurysm. He had two stints put in while there but needs to be on blood thinners for a month before they do anything else, which the cardiologist will decide on.

To say that is was a shock is an understatement! He's always seemed healthy as a horse so it goes to show that you have no idea what is going on inside. He's doing much better, although has developed a big rash on his back, thinking it is probably one of the medications he is taking. He is still a bit weak and looks like it could be a long recovery, especially if he needs surgery.

This is all new to him as he is a big fisherman (he's a charter guide) and he won't be able to do that for months! Hopefully he will be patient and just do what you gotta do to get better.

Ya'll keep posting away and I'll be back when I can.

Offline EmilyJ.

Re: Hubby had a heart attack
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 06:09:44 PM »
Jeanine, I'm so very sorry to hear that!  It sounds like you have your hands full and I'm sure you're both worried.  I'm sending positive vibes your way and a great big internet hug.  I'll be praying for you both!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 06:09:44 PM »

Offline MaryB

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 06:28:39 PM »
Oh yes, prayers and prayer requests going up.  Prayerfully he will get his arteries all cleaned out and be up and at it in no time.  Wish we could be there to help in person.  We love you Jeanine and thank you for everything. 
Holding you up in prayer too. 

Offline Bev1960

• Retired at Last!
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 07:02:00 AM »
Prayers here to Jeanine! I'm sure you will feel much better once you get to see his  cardiologist and know which way you have to go.
Hang in there and try to keep us posted whenever you get time, we'll be thinking of you.

:big hug smiley sign: :big hug smiley sign:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 07:02:00 AM »

Offline JustUs2

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 10:07:55 AM »
I've added you all to my prayer list, Jeanine.  Thank you for letting us know.  You have a healthy outlook about it all, but I imagine it's worrisome.  I know everyone is different, but I've been through similar issues and you really can have an active and fulfilling life once you recuperate.  A lot of it is having a good attitude, exercising, and following a low-salt diet.  It will take some time, but I bet your husband will be able to continue with the things he loves.  Fortunately, he has a supportive partner to help him along the way.

Offline noodle

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 11:41:26 AM »
Hi, Jeanine. Praying that your husband will be surrounded by medical professionals who will know exactly what to do for him and when. Also, that your stress will lighten soon.

Offline Elizabeth

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2019, 12:14:56 PM »
Oh Jeanine, so sorry to hear about your hubby! I know waiting to have to find out anything is frustrating but hang in there. We'll be saying a prayer for  you both.

Try to keep us posted whenever you get a chance.

:huggingsmiley:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2019, 12:14:56 PM »

Offline FeelingBetter

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2019, 12:20:32 PM »
Hi Jeanine.........I was just popping in to catch up on post and saw your announcement. So sorry to hear about your husband. Try not to worry to much, I'm sure it will come out ok and he'll be back to fishing in no time.

We had a friend that had a heart attack a few years ago and he is back to almost normal now. It did take a while and he had to make some life changes but all seems to be well now as we'll be prayer for your husband to be.

Offline Shirley1965

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2019, 03:30:56 PM »
So sorry to hear about your husband! Hope he has a quick recovery and can get back to fishing soon. It must be hard for him to take it easy now. We'll be thinking of  you.

Take care...... :big hug smiley sign:

Offline Layla

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2019, 04:31:28 AM »
Jeanine,

I am so very sorry to hear this. What a scary experience for both you and your husband! I am glad he is doing better now and hope he continues to recover. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Wishing you and your husband all the very best. <3

Offline Quiet Abode

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2019, 05:40:59 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear this happened!  It sounds like you're handling it well and that you both have a fighting spirit.  Hang in there (what else can ya do?) and know we're all thinking about you guys.  :big hug smiley sign: 

Offline MaryB

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2019, 08:36:37 AM »
Prayer request today for Jeanine's husband (and Jeanine) for today I believe he is having his procedure.  Let the all things go well and the procedure successful for many many more healthy years together for the both of them..  in Jesus name. Amen

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2019, 04:21:55 PM »
Thank you Mary and everyone else for the well wishes, they are very much appreciated! He actually went to see the Dr. yesterday to see what needs to be done, which is open heart surgery.

We're all kind of nervous (especially him) but we just need to take a deep  breath and get through it. It is scheduled for Mon. the 28th. He has to go in on the 25th for a lot of test before the surgery so he will end up being in there for about a week.

Sooooo, more waiting then a long recovery (4-6 months).

Offline MaryB

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2019, 05:55:03 PM »
Oh dear, this is not the results we wanted.  I'm so sorry.  We'll be here for you Jeanine..  big hugs and love to you both

Offline JustUs2

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2019, 09:58:56 PM »
How are you holding up, Jeanine?  I was hoping your husband wouldn't need further surgery, but maybe that was unrealistic.  I'm lifting you all up in prayer.  Thanks for taking the time to update us.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2019, 09:58:56 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms