Empty Nest Moms AND Dads! > ANNOUNCEMENTS!

Hubby had a heart attack

(1/3) > >>

Jeanine:
Hi Ladies, Just popping in to let you know I probably won't be around for a while except to do a quick check to make sure everything is ok with the board.

My husband had a heart attack the day after Christmas and things have been hectic since. He's back out of the hospital (Sunday pm) but still has to see the cardiologist in the next week or so to see if they are going to need to do surgery on the other two arteries that are blocked, with one having an aneurysm. He had two stints put in while there but needs to be on blood thinners for a month before they do anything else, which the cardiologist will decide on.

To say that is was a shock is an understatement! He's always seemed healthy as a horse so it goes to show that you have no idea what is going on inside. He's doing much better, although has developed a big rash on his back, thinking it is probably one of the medications he is taking. He is still a bit weak and looks like it could be a long recovery, especially if he needs surgery.

This is all new to him as he is a big fisherman (he's a charter guide) and he won't be able to do that for months! Hopefully he will be patient and just do what you gotta do to get better.

Ya'll keep posting away and I'll be back when I can.

EmilyJ.:
Jeanine, I'm so very sorry to hear that!  It sounds like you have your hands full and I'm sure you're both worried.  I'm sending positive vibes your way and a great big internet hug.  I'll be praying for you both!

MaryB:
Oh yes, prayers and prayer requests going up.  Prayerfully he will get his arteries all cleaned out and be up and at it in no time.  Wish we could be there to help in person.  We love you Jeanine and thank you for everything. 
Holding you up in prayer too. 

Bev1960:
Prayers here to Jeanine! I'm sure you will feel much better once you get to see his  cardiologist and know which way you have to go.
Hang in there and try to keep us posted whenever you get time, we'll be thinking of you.

:big hug smiley sign: :big hug smiley sign:

JustUs2:
I've added you all to my prayer list, Jeanine.  Thank you for letting us know.  You have a healthy outlook about it all, but I imagine it's worrisome.  I know everyone is different, but I've been through similar issues and you really can have an active and fulfilling life once you recuperate.  A lot of it is having a good attitude, exercising, and following a low-salt diet.  It will take some time, but I bet your husband will be able to continue with the things he loves.  Fortunately, he has a supportive partner to help him along the way.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version