Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dreading the end of holidays  (Read 963 times)

Offline noodle

Dreading the end of holidays
« on: January 01, 2019, 04:32:09 PM »
My sons have been back for Christmas and New Year's, and this week one will fly back to his school and the other soon after. The thought keeps popping up that they're finding their parents more boring the older they get. I get that; I used to prefer hanging out with my friends over seeing my parents. It's natural but still, what a bummer.

What do you tell yourself when you know your kids will visit less and less often?

Empty Nest Moms

Dreading the end of holidays
« on: January 01, 2019, 04:32:09 PM »

Offline MaryB

Re: Dreading the end of holidays
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 06:32:16 PM »
So goes the circle of life.  I see my son treating me like I cant be trusted ( like cutting something).. he has to take over like I am an idiot..  I want to scream!  I think they do start thinking they know more than us.  They see us mess up (me anyway) because my eyes are not good, so he thinks I am slipping!  It hurts to see them pull away for sure.  My son is biting at the bit to get up and gone and my heart aches like what else can I do to make him comfortable and not want to leave so bad, but it's normal, right!   :dunno:  Yes I know it is. 

Offline CountryMom

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 12:00:48 AM »
 :big hug smiley sign: I know it's super hard to embrace that feeling. I try not to let it get to me because there is literally nothing I can do to control it. All I can do is control my response to the situation. I know my children love me, but I'm probably last on their list of considerations - which, while crappy, is inevitable.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 12:00:48 AM »

Offline Katy

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 07:19:23 AM »
When my daughter was in college, she preferred hanging out with her friends over us. We knew this was natural, but it still hurt our feelings some.

We've always been close, but during her college years and the first year of her marriage, we drifted apart a little. We've decided to have a weekly family dinner, which is really helping us get closer again. I hope your sons will realize how special you are and continue to visit when they can. Hang in there!

Offline noodle

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 07:38:23 PM »
Our younger son flew back this morning. Since he's quiet it's not like we heard him much, but now that he's gone the house feels hollow. What helped today is getting an unexpected call from a friend and playing with the cat that we're watching for the next month. It was great reading everyone's replies!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 07:38:23 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms