Empty Nest Moms

Author Topic: I so miss both of mine!  (Read 2387 times)

Offline FeelingBetter

I so miss both of mine!
« on: December 09, 2018, 05:36:30 PM »
It's been several years now but I remember my mom always being there for me whenever I was sick or had to have surgery. She would be right there to take of the kids, no questions asked. We always did a lot of things together too, like shopping and visiting other friends and relatives. Just a lot of 'girl stuff'.

My dad was always in the picture too. He taught me how to ride a bike and even how to drive a car (I know that wasn't fun for him!) They were just fun to be around.

Offline MaryB

Re: I so miss both of mine!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 06:40:24 PM »
I miss mine too,  as I said in another post.  They were into Christmas, but they didnt dote on me like your's did.  They were far from the 'loving' kind of hugs or kisses or involved kind of parents.  I wish they were.  Still,  I miss them

Offline Katy

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 06:15:24 AM »
I send compassionate thoughts to both of you. It is tough, especially around the holidays.

I miss my dad. He taught me a lot of practical things, like how to manage money and how to drive a car. Thanks to him, I have some basic knowledge about how to fix things around the house. Sometimes I want to do a DIY project and have questions and wish he were here to answer them and help me with the project.

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 09:50:30 PM »
My mom passed away 13 years ago tonight....do miss her terribly but know that she still loves me. We were almost like twins..had so much in common and did so much together too. My kids were so very close to her and she had such a positive impact in my kids lives and still do now!

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2018, 03:44:18 PM »
Hi Neale! Glad you popped in. It does sound like you were very close to your mom. I think we always miss them no matter how long they have been gone.

Hope you have a great Christmas down here in Florida! Bet you don't miss all that snow in RI. :111:

Have your kitties settled in pretty good down here?

Read your post on FB, sounds like you are really liking your new job, that's great!

Take care now....... :merrychristmassanta:

Offline FeelingBetter

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2018, 04:21:48 PM »
I'm thinking there are a lot of us here that miss our parents. What a great topic to get started! It's interesting reading all the post being made in all the threads in this one topic.

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2018, 05:11:25 PM »
Yup, totally close, she was the "rock" of the family. She knows that I moved, she'd be happy. I walked in my spare bedroom the other day and I so easily smelled her strong perfume that she always kept on her dresser, and that dresser is in that bedroom. It was nice to smell it even though I never liked the perfume because it was so strong...Chanel, I think!! The kitties are getting adjusted although my youngest one has had a miserable time with flea bites down here, losing a bit of her beautiful black fur. So don't miss the cold, slush, black ice, and snow. It's been cold enough down here. Even when I went to the pool and jacuzzi this afternoon...quite cool outside. I'm not enjoying all of these tornado warnings so close to my home though, what's with that? I do love my teaching job, keeps me busy constantly so I'm looking forward to vacation although I'll miss my students! I'm having friends over for my 1st Christmas Eve dinner in my house. My bathroom update is all done, no more major projects until next year when I plan to work on the back lanai, landscaping, and organizing my garage and laundry room. I have someone coming over during school vacation to put in a new sink and faucet... How are you doing? What are your holiday plans?

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2018, 02:15:18 PM »

Sounds like you and your mom were very close. That is something that you can still smell her perfume from the dresser. Always memories around for you.

Glad you are enjoying living down here and sounds like you are making a lot of new friends and keeping busy.

We'll be having a quiet Christmas. Making a few visits here and there.

Take care now!  :merrychristmassanta:

Offline Indiana

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2019, 07:47:38 AM »
With the holiday's over, the missing part is still there.

Have you ever noticed that, as we age, the feeling is there but is has matured as much as you have?

Offline MaryB

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2019, 10:56:20 AM »
I just know the work load over the holidays is tremendous... and I'm glad it's past   :dunno:

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms