Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Gifts" We Give Our Children  (Read 1218 times)

Offline Layla

"Gifts" We Give Our Children
« on: December 22, 2018, 12:35:10 AM »
I was thinking about gifts the other day. Not only can we give our children tangible gifts, but we can give them other gifts, too, like teaching them valuable life lessons or passing on certain qualities to them.

I hope I can pass on the gift of compassion to my daughter. I have tried to teach her to help those less fortunate than us. I don't know if it will stick or not, but I hope that she will try to help others in need someday in some fashion. I would love for her to get her father's work ethic. He is a very hard-working and determined man.

But most of all, I just want my daughter to grow up to be a good person with a happy heart.

What "gifts" would you like to pass on to your children?

Empty Nest Moms

"Gifts" We Give Our Children
« on: December 22, 2018, 12:35:10 AM »

Offline EmilyJ.

Re: "Gifts" We Give Our Children
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 09:06:10 PM »
Layla, what a great reminder that there's more to celebrate this holiday than material goods. I would like to give my children a peaceful world, but that isn't happening.  Actually, I'd settle for a peaceful United States at this point, but that also isn't happening.  I hope I'm teaching them to stand up for their beliefs while remaining respectful, kind, empathetic, and open-minded.  I also hope they'll remember that family is more important than technology.  I think the foundation of those values have been my gifts to them. 

Offline cherie

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 11:41:26 AM »
I agree that gifts don't always have to be tangible as there are some things that we can impart to them either directly or indirectly. More often than not, they pick certain characteristics from us, just by observation. What I have successfully managed to teach my children is to be kind and nice to everyone they come into contact with.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 11:41:26 AM »

Offline Katy

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2018, 07:24:26 AM »
I love this reminder, Layla. My daughter is having a baby, and I'm going to gift her with my time and knowledge. She's been reading books about babies and asking me questions already, but when the baby comes, I plan to spend the first few days with her. I know how overwhelming it can be to have a new baby and try to figure everything out when you're so tired.

Offline noodle

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 10:03:12 PM »
Thanks for starting this thread. I hope the gifts I've given my sons are staying steady in their beliefs, being optimistic, and trying to see things from others' eyes (especially people they don't agree with!)

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 10:03:12 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms