Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

Our Picture Gallery!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sweet story to share  (Read 1572 times)

Offline EmilyJ.

Sweet story to share
« on: December 20, 2018, 08:49:14 AM »
I had the best experience while shopping last night!  A few of the kids on the Angel Tree hadn't been picked so the organization was scrambling to find them gifts.  My coworker and I picked up some names and headed to a very crowed Walmart to see what we could find.  While we were redoing our calculations a boy who couldn't have been older than 11 tried to give us $50. The mom explained that he overheard us shopping and wanted to give his birthday money to the Angel Tree kids instead of spending it on himself.  $50 is a lot of money, even more so to a kid.  He was offering to make a big sacrifice!  Of course, we were deeply moved by this boy's gesture, but we sure didn't want to take his money.  Well, The boy was not taking no for an answer! He felt it was the right thing to do and argued that since we had enough money for the gifts, we could use the extra $50 to get candy, gloves, scarves, and other extras for the kids.  His mother was obviously very proud of her son and she backed him up.  She encouraged us to take it, so we finally did.  The boy and his mother even helped us pick out few things before they had to leave.  I tear up every time I think about it.  He had such a big heart!  What an amazing Christmas miracle!  :111:

Empty Nest Moms

Sweet story to share
« on: December 20, 2018, 08:49:14 AM »

Offline LeeAnn

Re: Sweet story to share
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 11:53:45 AM »
What an awesome and mature young man! I am so humbled when I see kids be so giving and helpful with absolutely zero personal agenda. Thank you for sharing this!

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 04:29:39 PM »
Thank you for sharing that sweet story EmilyJ. You see things like that in the news sometimes but how nice to actually be part of the 'story' itself. Nice thing ya'll did.

Hope you have a nice Christmas.

:christmasBells:

Offline CountryMom

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 08:10:43 PM »
What a lovely story to read. Thank you so much for sharing. It's nice to know that these kind of things happen in real life and not just in the movies. What a kind young man.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 08:10:43 PM »

Offline EmilyJ.

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2018, 09:19:28 PM »
We really did not want to take his money and refused many times. He was just so serious about it and wanted those other kids to have a magical Christmas.  Then we tried taking $10-$20 of his $50, so he could still get something for himself, but he insisted we use the full amount.  He said he felt it deep in his heart that it was the right thing to do.  You could see it on his face, the boy was truly delighted to make a difference.  It's one of the most amazing things I've ever experienced.  Honestly, I don't know that I would have been that generous at his age.  I would have given away some of the money, but probably not the entire $50.  He was just that special!

His donation made a big difference too.  My coworker and I had enough for one big gift per kid, but with the donation we added lots of extras.  Each kid also got warm gloves and a hat; and a variety of stickers, coloring books, crayons, crafts, cards, books, and candy.  I found his address and sent him a thank-you note so he'd know what the kids will get thanks to his kindness. 

Offline Layla

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2018, 07:36:52 AM »
This is such an incredibly sweet story! What a generous gesture. That boy is being raised right! His mom must be so proud of him - putting other kids' needs before his own wants. I bet he will turn out to be one fine young man.

Offline JustUs2

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2018, 12:06:49 PM »
This has made my whole day!  Thank you for sharing it with us.  I'm like you, Emily, I don't think I would have given away all of my birthday money as a little kid.  You're right, he was making a big sacrifice! May GOD bless the boy and all the kids you guys were shopping for. 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2018, 12:06:49 PM »

Offline SusanWGF

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2018, 02:38:26 PM »
What a touching story! I love to read sweet stories like this. I feel like I'm bombarded with depressing headlines 24/7 on the news and online, so it's nice to hear something good happen for once. As for if I would have donated all of my money as a youngster on Christmas, I hate to say it, but I doubt it.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2019, 06:35:06 PM »
How wonderful, you met an angel on earth..  That young man was a treasure for sure! 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2019, 06:35:06 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms