Empty Nest Moms

Author Topic: What's for Christmas Dinner??  (Read 442 times)

Offline Shirley1965

What's for Christmas Dinner??
« on: December 17, 2018, 05:40:30 PM »
I just started doing low carb not to long ago so still getting the hang of it. Just wondering for those of you who have been on it a good while, what are some of you planning for Christmas dinner? Are you going to go strictly low carb or will you throw in some carby stuff for those that aren't worrying about them? I know there are a lot of good low carb foods but just curious to hear from others.

Me....I'm thinking of Turkey (duhhh) big pot of green bears with ham in them. Sweet potatoes, I know not low carb but they say if you have to have a potato go with the sweet and I'd only eat just a very small amount. Cole Slaw (got a good recipe for the dressing). Maybe a couple of the cream cheese pies. Doesn't sound like a whole lot but it is mostly all low carb and don't think most would even notice.

Ok, forgot about the dreaded 'bread'! I may break down and have some for those that can't do without it and try to stay away from it myself.

Would low to hear what some of you other low carbers are planning!  :wavysanta:

Empty Nest Moms

What's for Christmas Dinner??
« on: December 17, 2018, 05:40:30 PM »

Offline JustUs2

Re: What's for Christmas Dinner??
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2018, 08:07:33 PM »
Your Christmas menu sounds delicious!  Where did you find the recipe for your cole slaw dressing?  I'd love to have it if you don't mind pointing me in the right direction.  I've never been that into bread, so it's not hard for me to avoid it while still making rolls and cornbread for everyone else.  What trips me up are the desserts!  I've been eating a moderately low-carb diet for about a year or so, but I'm less militant from Thanksgiving until Christmas.  It's hard to stick with it entirely when people are kind enough to bring us yummy treats. I like to make everyone's favorites when they come visit too.  I just try to have some low-carb options with it.  I'm not on the Keto diet which is much more strict.   

Everyone comes to my house on Christmas morning for breakfast.  We've just always done that instead of having dinner together.  So, I'll be making eggs and omelets to order, bacon, ham, a spinach and cheese frittata, waffles (low-carb made with almond flour, butter, and coconut milk,) hashbrown casserole (not low-carb), fruit cups (low-carb berries only), and biscuits (not low-carb).

For dessert we're having various pastries (not low-carb), and a flourless chocolate cake.  My game plan is to indulge a little during the meal, but make sure my guests take the extras with them so none are left in the house.

Empty Nest Moms

Re: What's for Christmas Dinner??
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2018, 08:07:33 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms