Empty Nest Moms

Author Topic: Terribly  (Read 1515 times)

Offline Guineagirl

Terribly
« on: December 16, 2018, 06:08:37 AM »
This is a very interesting thread, thank you for asking this question.  I miss my Mam and Dad my Mam especially, I’ve mentioned before she died two and a half years ago with dementia and cancer and I cared for her and sat with her for days until she died, I felt it was something I had to do and felt privileged to be with her.  I still recall her last breath which is still very upsetting.  At the same time two weeks prior my daughter left home for a job three hours away.  I remember 2014 Christmas Mam came here for dinner with the starting of dementia and said some amusing things, she got such a funny humour with the dementia.  My Dad died thirty years ago suddenly.  I miss them both very much and wish Mam especially was here.  When she had empty nest she also lost my Dad and selfishly I was too busy just living and it dawns on me now how lonely she must of been.  Thankfully my daughter isn’t like I was or maybe I am more open with her than my Mam was.  Mam never let you know she missed you and I think it would of done her good to open up more.  The dementia made her hug and kiss it was a strange thing how it changed her and we got a big bond then.  I go to the grave this week with a card and holly so at least I have somewhere to go to with flowers.  I think losing a Mam is very hard.  I also think that if they had lived into their eighties I wouldn’t of gone through all this grief as well. Sorry not a happy post is it.  :merrychristmassanta:

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
Re: Terribly
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 03:39:50 PM »
Hi Guineagirl, good to see you back. Hope you are feeling better and doing ok? That was a nice thing you did staying by your Mam's side like that, I'm sure she appreciated it and sensed you being there. I know it must have been hard for you. How is your daughter doing now? Are you getting to see her often? Hope so.

You take care and hope you have a nice Christmas.  :wavysanta:

:christmasBells:

Offline Guineagirl

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 05:33:53 AM »
Hi,

My daughter has probably got another job shortly which adds an hour now to our three hour journey but it’s something we’ll have to get used to.  She comes Thursday until 30 December then we go back with her for New Year’s Eve and stay over two nights.  Then I think there will be a big gap until we have to move her from where she is.  Thank you x

Offline Katy

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2018, 12:19:39 AM »
Hi Guineagirl,
I'm so sorry both of your parents are gone. I am glad, though, that you visit your mom at her grave. I think that's important - I know I feel a bit of a connection when I visit loved ones' graves.

Your last years with your mom sound like good ones. I'm glad you have these memories, and I hope they bring you some comfort during the difficult times. <3

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms