Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Holiday 'family' competition  (Read 1349 times)

Offline Elizabeth

Holiday 'family' competition
« on: December 09, 2018, 05:46:28 PM »
Just wondering how many here have had this either in the present of past? We don't now but lordy when the kids were growing up we did! Loved my MIL dearly but she just seemed to think we had to spend every holiday with her. This went on for years. We usually took turns for Thanksgiving then spent Christmas eve with her then Christmas day we had at our house with my family or we went to one of their homes.

Seems I just couldn't get it through to her that I had a family also. I eventually just stopped worrying about it and did what we usually did every year.

I've tried to never put pressure on our kids as far as holidays go and just hope they spend some time with us! It's worked out so far. Hopefully it will continue when 'marriage' and 'grandkids' start coming along.  :111:

Hope everyone has a great Holiday!

:merrychristmassanta:

Empty Nest Moms

Holiday 'family' competition
« on: December 09, 2018, 05:46:28 PM »

Offline JustUs2

Re: Holiday 'family' competition
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 07:13:17 AM »
Boy can I relate to that, Elizabeth!  My husband, son, and I would spend Christmas Day trekking to my in-laws then to my parents home just to make everyone, but us, happy.  Sadly, it was all for nothing since the in-laws and my parents would complain that we didn't stay long enough at their house.  If I had to do it all over again, I'd play hostess and everyone could come here or not.  I'm glad you all decided to do your own thing instead of trying to please others. 

Offline Shirley1965

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 05:18:54 PM »
Hi everybody! It's been a long time since I was here last so thought I would check in. Got the newsletter so that was a good reminder.

This topic caught my eye right off!! I can soooo relate to that Elizabeth. In fact you could have almost written for me. We had to pretty much do the same thing and just start doing our own thing. We always tried to visit each family and lots of times had the holidays at our house. Well mostly Thanksgiving as my MIL 'always' wanted to have both Christma Eve and Day at her house. If we could make the Day we would, if not, so be it!!

Don't get me wrong, loved her dearly but she was just a tad greedy, I think the word I'm looking for is.  :dunno:

:christmasBells:

Offline SusanWGF

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2018, 02:41:10 PM »
I am so lucky I never dealt with any holiday related visiting drama. I spent most of my adult life living far away from both my in-laws and parents, so no one expected us to show up for any holiday. I always stayed at home for the holidays with husband my kids. We would call and wish our families happy holidays.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2018, 02:41:10 PM »

Offline MaryB

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2019, 06:43:35 PM »
Oh yes,  went thru that too.  Never could have a nice family dinner at my house because I had to go to their house.  Moving away is the only way to stop that..  unless you are lucky enough to have a house to have everyone come to you.  Now the shoe is on the other foot and how we miss our parents...   dont we....

Offline Layla

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 04:06:03 AM »
Splitting time between two families can definitely be challenging. We trade off Thanksgivings, spending every other year with my family. On Christmas Eve, we go to my family's get-together. We usually do Christmas with my husband's side of the family Christmas Day in the evening time so we have the whole day to ourselves to enjoy. This way, everyone is fairly happy, and we're spending about the same amount of time with everyone. There will always be someone who's not happy about the plans, but we've found that this seems to work best.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 04:06:03 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms