Empty Nest Moms

Author Topic: Dancing For Fun, Not For Competition  (Read 1474 times)

Offline MomOfTwo

Dancing For Fun, Not For Competition
« on: December 06, 2018, 07:01:32 PM »
Don't think that I'm too rigid about this topic. I'm not saying that we should stop dancing competitions. What I'm saying is that dancing in the old days was for fun and not so much for competition. These days, the younger generation tends not to dance because they are afraid that their peers will laugh at their dance moves.

Offline cherie

Re: Dancing For Fun, Not For Competition
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 12:48:29 AM »
I totally agree with you. Back in the day, it wasn't so much about which kids had the coolest moves and which ones didn't. I saw this young couple enrol their child for a dance class and I wondered how a friend to this kid, who for a reason or another can't dance yet, would feel in the former's company. Change is inevitable!

Offline MomOfTwo

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2018, 08:02:32 AM »
Sometimes I wonder if this kind of parents wanted their kids to have fun or for them to be praised by other people when others will say that their child dance very well. I just hope that the kids will enjoy the dance lessons much more than the skill itself.

Offline cherie

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 12:40:00 PM »
Sometimes I wonder if this kind of parents wanted their kids to have fun or for them to be praised by other people when others will say that their child dance very well. I just hope that the kids will enjoy the dance lessons much more than the skill itself.
We have a generation that is so concerned about perception. It has gotten to a point where people feel empty when a video posted on Facebook for example, doesn't get a single like, 20 or so hours later. I feel like today's kids are a victim of a society that places so much emphasis on validation by other people.

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms