Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Depression  (Read 1689 times)

Offline Guineagirl

Depression
« on: November 30, 2018, 07:58:39 AM »
Hi,

The forum has been a great help to me posting and reading about everyone and how they cope with the situation that we are all in, but has anyone lost hope.  I have counselling again next week as I have now terrible depression.  One thing I have always had in my life is hope but I have none, so terrible worthlessness has now set in.  I am very good at hiding it though a master at it in fact so my daughter is clueless, I just feel so lonely at the moment.  Now I’m older all the things we have hope for when our children are young and the enthusiasm for things I just don’t have now, I wish I could get it back. 

Empty Nest Moms

Depression
« on: November 30, 2018, 07:58:39 AM »

Offline EmilyJ.

Re: Depression
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 12:20:09 PM »
You've lost hope for what?  That part is a bit unclear and I feel I could give a better answer if I knew.  I suffer from seasonal depression and use light therapy as a remedy.  Some people truly need medication because their brain chemistry is off-balance.  Have you considered medication? 

I wish I could reach through the screen and give you a :big hug smiley sign:

Offline Quiet Abode

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 07:48:19 PM »
I think hiding your feelings, no matter what they are, is a terrible idea!  It's like poison that slowly takes you over.  I've read your posts and you always seem so positive and you're riding your bike and seem close to your husband.  Like Emily J. said, you could have a chemical imbalance or maybe it's your hormones (wait, are those considered chemicals too?) and medication might help.  It just might take a while to find the right medication.  I hate that you're hurting.  I wish I could fix it.  You always brighten my day here. 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 07:48:19 PM »

Offline MomOfTwo

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2018, 11:16:05 AM »
Hello there Guineagirl, we joined this forum almost at the same time and I can sense that this hopelessness is just one of those days when you don't have somebody to talk to. Actually, you do have somebody to talk to, us here in the forum. I cannot see your thought and feelings, but I know that we are here with you in times of need.

Offline Layla

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 03:57:25 AM »
I'm so sorry you are struggling so much. A feeling of hopelessness definitely accompanies depression. I have been feeling very lonely and sad since my daughter left for college. My husband and I are going to marriage counseling, and I may seek out my own individual therapist if I need to to help me cope with all of this.

I have hope that things will get better, but it is so difficult being in this sad and lonely place. Please know that you are not alone.

Offline Guineagirl

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2018, 10:15:28 AM »
Hi everyone,

I am so sorry for not thanking you for chatting to me and replying. I needed a break from things I think.  I did go to the drs who suggested medication as he said I have depression but I aren’t sure of that so I’m on a waiting list for talking therapy which is about five weeks now. My dr sent me for a heart stress test which is tomorrow as I was having chest pain and said I needed some reassurance so I said I would go for that.  So with no one to talk to and worrying I do get very depressed and because I hide it it is worse.  I just broke down at the assessment but it felt nice to chat about things to the lady assessing me and she said no wonder you are like it with everything.  She suggested a self help group where people chat about their things that are getting them down and she said people do make friends there as well, I think I would enjoy that.  Like on here everyone is the same with the same feelings x

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2018, 10:15:28 AM »

Offline SusanWGF

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2018, 10:26:21 PM »
Hi Guineagirl. I have been feeling the same as you lately. I am also the type to hold in my feelings which is why I thought it might be a good idea for me to join a support forum. I hope your therapy ends up being the help you need. Let us know how it goes. Stay well.

Offline Guineagirl

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2018, 04:52:33 AM »
Hi Guineagirl. I have been feeling the same as you lately. I am also the type to hold in my feelings which is why I thought it might be a good idea for me to join a support forum. I hope your therapy ends up being the help you need. Let us know how it goes. Stay well.

Hi Susan,

Yes it’s a nice place to chat empty nest isn’t something that a lot of people understand at all.  I notice your grandchildren live close which must be nice, is it your daughter who lives close then? Unfortunately a lot of my identity was being a Mam and daughter and guineapig owner which I know I am still a Mam but not in the same sense and I aren’t the other two now,  We were that role [size=78%]for a long time so getting used to the different role is understandably hard.    Yes I will let you know how the chatting therapy goes it’s still a month wait now though.  My negative thoughts cause me a lot of stress which is part of the depression as well and the loss of hope.  X[/size]

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2018, 04:52:33 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms