Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Baby Shower Question  (Read 1397 times)

Offline Quiet Abode

Baby Shower Question
« on: November 29, 2018, 01:01:46 PM »
We're all thrilled to bits that my daughter will be having twins soon.  Her best friend is planning the baby shower and I have an etiquette question for you all.  How do we handle the gifting situation as my daughter would like to have the party, but is determined that gifts be left out of it.  In her opinion, buying her gifts will put an unnecessary burden on her friends and family, since she and her husband have wanted children for a while now they've been buying things along the way to prepare.  Also, these are the first grandchildren in both our families and you better believe both sets of grandparents are ready to spoil these babies.  Unfortunately, her best friend called me earlier and isn't sure how to get the no gifts message out there.  Is it tacky to mention it on the invite?  My daughter hasn't created a baby shower registry, is that enough of a clue that gifts aren't needed?  What's the proper way to do this?

Empty Nest Moms

Baby Shower Question
« on: November 29, 2018, 01:01:46 PM »

Offline EmilyJ.

Re: Baby Shower Question
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 12:24:34 PM »
I think it's sweet of your daughter to be so considerate, but a baby shower is called that because attendants shower the mother with gifts.  I think her guests will feel the need to bring a gift anyway.  Books are fairly affordable.  What about requesting that everyone bring a book for the baby as it grows?  Other options that won't break the bank are onesies, bottles, bibs, and little items like that.

Congratulations to your daughter and her husband.  It's an exciting time for them. 

Offline Quiet Abode

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 11:26:14 PM »
My daughter likes the idea of books as gifts.  That way the giver can write a note to her babies inside the cover if they choose to.  She's sentimental like that.  My daughter didn't create a registry and still hopes her guests won't bring any gifts.  She told the hostess that if invitees ask, the hostess should explain that gifts aren't necessary and that my daughter just wants them to come celebrate her twins.  I'm with you though, and I think her guests will likely bring a gift, but hopefully it takes some of the pressure off.  It probably seems silly for her to have a shower in the first place as she doesn't need anything, but she wants to play baby games and just really enjoy the moment with her friends and family.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 11:26:14 PM »

Offline EmilyJ.

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2018, 01:20:12 PM »
I don't blame her one bit for wanting to celebrate her babies in a big way.  I'm sure she's attended shower after shower for others.  No reason she can't experience the her own shower now.  I'm glad that everything has worked out.  I'm praying that your daughter has an easy delivery of two healthy babies. 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2018, 01:20:12 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms