Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dealing With Tantrums  (Read 1261 times)

Offline MerryMe

Dealing With Tantrums
« on: November 12, 2018, 04:09:37 AM »
My friend asked me how to handle tantrums with her grandchild. I don't know what to advice because my son behaved well when he was a toddler, based on what I recollect. I hope I won't have to deal with this situation when I have my own grandchild in the future. What would your advise be to that friend of mine?

Empty Nest Moms

Dealing With Tantrums
« on: November 12, 2018, 04:09:37 AM »

Offline Quiet Abode

Re: Dealing With Tantrums
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 05:04:27 PM »
If it happens while in public I'd immediately remove the kid from the situation because kids often pitch a fit for attention.  I also wouldn't want to disturb others around me and goodness knows you'll get judged no matter what you do.  At home, I relied on the time out chair where the kid had to sit quietly for a few minutes based on age. 

Offline girlchild34

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 01:37:58 PM »
The challenge that most adults have is in keeping themselves calm when the kids throw tantrums. I would first find out what is causing the child to react so strongly as this would determine the best way to calm them down.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 01:37:58 PM »

Offline MerryMe

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 05:16:55 PM »
you'll get judged no matter what you do

It is indeed sad that our society is so judgmental. When we try to silence the child, they say we are too strict. If we obey the child, they say we are too lenient. If we don't do anything, they say we are so inconsiderate.

I would first find out what is causing the child to react so strongly as this would determine the best way to calm them down.

I love your method because you try to deal with the "cause" of the tantrum and not the tantrum itself.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 05:16:55 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms